Director, Employee Information Services
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Human Resources, the Director, Employee Information Services is accountable for MacEwan University's PeopleSoft HR modules, the reliability of employee data within those modules, and HR reporting and metrics. The Director provides leadership to the team that manages all employee data changes, from recruitment and on-boarding to termination and any change in between. The Director is responsible for developing and managing a rolling two-year strategic and operational plan for the function with specific, measurable goals within the context of the overall Institutional Strategic Plan. The Director is a member of the HR leadership team and actively collaborates with the rest of the team to ensure that the HR department functions as an integrated unit with clear priorities and common values.
This position requires strong project management competencies enhanced by proven experience in change management. Excellent communication and a demonstrated ability to build collaborative cross-functional relationships are essential for success. The Director is both an operational and a strategic leader and must be able to make the connection between day-to-day tasks and long-term outcomes to build engagement within the team. Experience with the use of qualitative and quantitative data to make decisions and track progress against goals is required for this position. Broad expertise in all areas of Human Resources provides important context for this position.
• An undergraduate degree in a related discipline such as Business or Human Resources is required.
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or pursuit towards certification would be considered an asset.
• A minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible experience in Human Resources is required, including a minimum of 5 years of experience working with Human Resources Information Systems.
• Experience with implementation and optimization of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (e.g. PeopleSoft or Oracle) Human Resources and/or Payroll modules is required.
• Proven success using change management methodologies
• Previous experience in business process management, including process improvement initiatives
• Direct experience in post-secondary or a related public sector environment is strongly preferred.
MacEwan University offers a competitive salary and:
• Generous vacation time
• Secure defined benefit pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
To view more detail on the benefits provided by MacEwan University click this link: www.macewan.ca/benefits
This position is included under the Officer Employment Policy.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||Commensurate with experience
|Closing Date||Friday, August 28, 2015
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.