Divisional Accounting Manager
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as a Second Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
The Facilities department is currently recruiting for an experienced Divisional Accounting Manager for 15 months Maternity Leave. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, the incumbent is responsible leading and managing all accounting operations and associated systems for Facilities services.
Other responsibilities will include
• Directing and controlling the financial activities that properly reflect the financial position of Facilities
• Managing and leading divisional accounting team to coordinate workflow and functional operations
• Overseeing the activities of the team and providing leadership on day-to-day operations
• Managing department budgeting and providing quarterly variance analysis
• Coordinating the department’s project administration function to prioritize departmental initiatives
• Responding to inquiries regarding financial results and reporting requests
• Providing sound and timely financial advice and service to unit managers in supporting them
• Ensuring compliance in accordance with the accounting policies and regulatory standards
• Serving as a resource in all aspects of financial and business affairs of the Department
The successful candidate will become a member of the department senior management team, participate in establishing and implementing major goals and objectives, as well as contributing as subject matter expert to support business needs and financial planning.
• Strong management and accounting skills
• Ability to work independently and collaborate in team environment
• Ability to articulate in University strategic direction and initiatives
• Ability to coordinate activities across functions
• Strong in problem solving, investigative and analytical skills
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent in presentation written and oral reporting
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
• Experience in PeopleSoft is preferred
• Accounting designation (CMA, CGA, CA)
• Bachelor of commerce or related business degree
• Minimum 5 years progressive work experience in financial budgetary or accounting environment
• Experience/knowledge in project management methodology is preferred
This position is included under the Administrators employment policy.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$61,985.08 to $95,043.79 per annum
|Closing Date||March 15, 2015
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.