Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Reporting to the Food Service Director, the Catering Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Catering department at MacEwan University.
- Oversee catering functions and special events for internal and external clients/ groups.
- Meet with clients to determine catering requirements, floor plans, rentals, staffing for events.
- Responsible for customer booking and creating contracts.
-Work closely with Executive Chef and Catering Chef to plan menus for clients.
- Responsible for final approval of catering contracts pre-event.
- Ensure job instructions are clearly understood so that tasks are completed effectively to the client’s satisfaction.
- Ensure all staff provide quality, courteous service to all customers.
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards.
- Manage catering purchases and inventory.
- Participate in Operational Reviews for Catering Department.
- Responsible for Catering Budget.
- Conduct weekly meetings with team.
- Ensure that all outside personnel such as agency waiters and bartenders meet Aramark standards and are well informed about the job we require them to do according to the functions, special events and delivery.
- Responsible for seeking new clients and sales to grow the - business.
- Establish and maintain clientele rapports.
-Resolve customer concerns.
- Oversee staff scheduling.
- Oversee training and management of staff.
- Ensure proper handling of Company Property.
- Ensure all staff adhere to the Health and Safety Policy as well as Aramark Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to the Aramark policies and procedures, as well as the Health and Safety standards.
- Uphold Classic Fare Catering standards through training and taking part in program updates offered by Head Office.
- At least 2- 4 years of Catering experience
- Demonstrated experience in successful business growth
- Completion of Hospitality or Food and Beverage program.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong leadership skills to manage a team of 3- 8 members and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please apply using the following link and disregard the "apply" information below: https://cacareers-aramark.icims.com/jobs/45856/executive-chef/candidate?resumeCreateProfile=1&hashed=-435775139
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||Salary to commensurate with education and experience
|Closing Date||Interviews will start October 13, 2015
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.