Junior Project Manager (under review)
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
The MacEwan International Office has an opportunity for a Junior Project Manager (title and role is under review; salary is to be determined). This role reports to the Manager, MacEwan International and works with different stakeholders and project sponsors in managing and coordinating the department’s projects.
The incumbent will effectively manage and coordinate multiple projects through the stages of initiation, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and close out. Work in this role is project and research related and also includes event coordination.
Duties will include:
• Managing projects through the project management process (PMBOK)
• Researching and presenting information on various topics and best practices
• Presentations; strong oral and written skills required
• Working with various stakeholders and project sponsors
• Coordinating events for MacEwan International
The incumbent should have:
• Intermediate to advanced level computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Internet skills; research skills
• Familiarity with university systems
• Strong public speaking skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly developed organizational and administrative skills
• Excellent time-management skills
• Project Management experience; CAPM certification is an asset.
Degree in business/project management (diploma with relevant experience will be considered). 2-4 years in administration/Project Management environment. Experience planning events; CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) or related designation/certification an asset.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, and:
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
You can view the benefits using this link: www.macewan.ca/benefits
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||This role is undergoing classification; salary is to be determined|
|Closing Date||September 4, 2015|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.