Functional Analyst, Payroll Services
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
MacEwan University’s Payroll Services department has an exciting opportunity for a Functional Analyst, Payroll Services. As part of the Finance team within Payroll Services you will work closely with a dedicated and dynamic team, the rest of Finance, HR, ERP office and its university partners.
This position is primarily responsible for providing system maintenance including data and system integrity of employee personal information; query development including creation and generation; and system testing. You will also participate in business process improvement discussions and coordinate the automation of these business processes within the system. Responsibilities also include the development of impact analysis and implementation of functionality testing of various applications within PeopleSoft affecting Payroll and Time & Labour. You will provide training to various stakeholders, assist and support the MacEwan Payroll Services team in biweekly payroll processing and reporting, be involved with the implementation of current Payroll Services projects as well as payroll year end processing and other related university projects and initiatives.
The successful candidate must have strong time and change management, organizational skills, aptitude for troubleshooting as well as reconciliation experience. Applicants should also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to manage multiple system related work assignments and projects. The successful candidate will also be able to work well under pressure, manage tight deadlines and be a part of a strong, cohesive team environment.
• Minimum of a PCP and/or CPM designation preferred
• Degree in Business/Accounting/Payroll/HR or related equivalent combination of education will be considered
• Completion of PeopleSoft (Canadian) payroll and Time & Labour processing, implementation, back office training and troubleshooting courses as well as applications for both the Payroll and Time & Labour modules
• Proficiency in In PeopleSoft Query is a must. SQL coding is a definite asset
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of PeopleSoft or equivalent of functional experience with progressive payroll and Time & Labour processing, troubleshooting, process management, reconciliation and reporting experience and process mapping
• Advanced working knowledge of PeopleSoft Payroll and Time & Labour modules preferred
• Experience with facilitation, training, system implementation and demonstrations
• Experience in working with cross functional teams
• Strong interpersonal skills showing positive and productive relationships is critical
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, and:
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
You can view the benefits using this link: www.macewan.ca/benefits
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is included under the Administrative Support and Supervisory Personnel Employment Policy (D1020).
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||Commensurate with Education and Experience
|Closing Date||February 12, 2016
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.