IT Technician I
IT Service Support and Operations
The Technology Support Desk is seeking candidates for an IT Technician I position. The Technology Support Desk is the single point of contact for all computers and instructional technology support at MacEwan University. This front facing position provides technology support to all students, staff and faculty by phone, email, and in person.
In this position, the incumbent will provide end-user support for microcomputer applications and peripherals, printing support, support for audio visual and computer technology in the classroom. This position will also provide support and direction to students using the university network and internet resources; routine equipment maintenance and equipment booking duties are included.
• Candidates must have a minimum of a technology related certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution, along with a minimum of one year experience in a multi-media technology support environment. Experience with public service and/or end user support is also required. Experiences working in a call center and/or helpdesk are assets.
• Advanced working knowledge of personal computer software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office.
• Extensive desktop operating systems experience, including Windows 7 & 8
• Working knowledge of mobile technologies including wireless and email configuration.
• Experience in supporting PeopleSoft, Macintosh (operating systems), Novell and GroupWise are an asset
• Strong communication skills with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Ability to work well as a member of a team, as well as with technical/administrative representatives of other departments.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills and problem solving abilities, with a focus on providing exceptional customer service.
This is a full-time 10 month recurring term position (from July to April), which consists of 35 hours per week that may result in day, evening or weekend shift work.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Recurring Term (10 months – July to April)|
|Salary||$22.05 to $28.66 per hour|
|Closing Date||Thursday, January 9, 2014|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.