Continuing Education Programmer (Program Manager), Music Programs
School of Continuing Education
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
The School of Continuing Education has an opportunity for a Part time (0.5 FTE) Continuing Education Programmer (Program Manager), Music Programs. This position is open to internal candidates only.
Reporting to the Director of Professional and Continuing Studies, the successful candidate will identify, plan, develop, implement and evaluate music and other liberal arts based continuing education programs, events and services within a cost-recovery framework. The Program Manager will work closely with others to maintain high quality programming, effectively market and promote the programs and courses, and ensure that financial targets are achieved.
• Identifying new and existing music and liberal arts based programs and courses for implementation, ensuring the development of course outlines and materials, hiring qualified instructors, identifying the marketing plan for specific programs and courses in consultation with the Marketing Manager and Director of P&CS, or designate, managing course enrolments, ordering course materials, booking classroom space, developing and managing the program budget
• Working with program administrative staff and registration services staff to develop specific business practices that ensure positive customer service
• Responding to specific inquiries about programs and courses
• Updating registration services staff regarding new programs and any program changes
• Providing the project management for program curriculum reviews and redevelopment in consultation with the Director of Educational Development and SME
• Identifying and attaining enrolment and revenue targets in consultation with the Director of P&CS
• Monitoring and evaluating courses and taking corrective action if needed (i.e. changes to fees, location, instructor)
• Ensuring all professional association partnership agreements are current and that curriculum updates are completed as outlined by the association
• Working with internal and external stakeholders to identify new areas of programs and collaborate on events and joint programming
• Researching and developing effective business cases for new programs and events
• Conducting environmental scans of other similar continuing education programs in Edmonton and across Canada
• Completing reports and compiling data using programs such as PeopleSoft as required
• Working within the program policy and practice requirements of MacEwan University
• Maintaining professional and community networks as appropriate
The ideal applicant will be able to combine their entrepreneurial expertise with their knowledge of the arts to develop viable programming that meets the needs of the Edmonton market. Candidates will have above-average communication and organizational skills, attention to detail and sound business sense and be comfortable working in a cost-recovery environment, delivering results with a minimum of support and supervision.
An undergraduate degree in a relevant field along with understanding of adult education practices and music and liberal arts based programming within a post-secondary environment. This position requires a minimum of two years previous experience in the following areas: program budget development and management, curriculum development, project management and planning.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Part-time Continuing (0.5 FTE)|
|Salary||$29.16 to $37.91 per hour|
|Closing Date||August 11, 2015|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.