IT Service Transition Analyst
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as a Second Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
The IT Operations department has an opportunity for an IT service transition analyst. The position will:
• work in a business systems analysis capacity to liaise with stakeholders, business units, vendors, technology providers, and internal IT departments to design, build, configure, integrate and operationalize new and enhanced IT applications and services required to meet the changing needs of the university
• ensure business and IT functionality, requisites, measurable outcomes and industry standards are addressed by providing analysis, direction, quality control, and planning to development, integration, testing, maintenance, training and troubleshooting activities
• manage deployment, transition, and retirement of application(s) and or service(s) in single to complex multiple technical architectures following system life-cycle development and ITIL Service management practices
• provide technical support in a backup role and coordinate troubleshooting and resolution of complex technology problems, generally involving several integrated or related technology components by engaging other team members and leads as required
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the following techniques and technologies:
o Proficient and current in industry best practices for analysis and process modelling techniques
o Business and systems analysis roles in the system development life-cycle
o Server virtualization technology and infrastructure
o Real-time infrastructure monitoring including device hardware, operating systems, resource utilizations and capacity, application, and environmental conditions
o Basic IP networking
o Network service including: DNS, DHCP, and NTP
o Server operating system including one or more of the following: Microsoft Windows, UNIX/Linus, OSX and Solaris
o Shell or command line programming and scripting
o Strong understanding and working knowledge of web applications, including Apache Tomcat, Windows IIS, Java, ASP, WebLogic
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills and excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Analytical problem solving skill
• Good business and technical writing skill
• Learn and adapt quickly to new and changing technology
• Work effectively and maintain composure in pressure situations during major IT service emergencies
• Minimum of a diploma in Information Technology related disciplines
• Minimum of four (4) years’ experience working with service and application development preferably in a large multi-site environment
• Experience working with technical and non-technical clients
• ITIL foundation certification
• Equivalencies will be considered
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$70,024 to $91,031 per annum|
|Closing Date||Thursday, January 1, 2015|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.