School of Continuing Education
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates.
The recently formed School of Continuing Education, located at the Alberta College Campus offers academic and language preparation; and professional and personal development courses and workshops in business, health and wellness, and art, music and design. The School is also home to the Conservatory of Music.
As part of its cost-recovery mandate, the School of Continuing Education is seeking an imaginative, innovative and organized marketing manager to design and implement the School’s marketing plan. In this start up role the incumbent will work with staff and stakeholders to develop marketing plans, undertake analysis and implementation; determine priorities and establish project plans; provide leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of individual program unit marketing plans; and develop and manage the unit’s marketing budget.
• Knowledge of marketing analytics and online marketing approaches
• Ability to think strategically, develop, and implement marketing plans
• Awareness of trends and changes in technology and tools in the industry
• Have excellent writing skills and have working knowledge of writing in a variety of formats, including news style, professional correspondence, web style and report style. Proofreading is also required, including working knowledge of CP style, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Minimum of a university degree in marketing or related area
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a fast paced marketing environment
• Experience with online marketing and with print publications
• Supervisory experience is an asset
• Equivalencies will be considered
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, and:
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
You can view the benefits using this link: www.macewan.ca/benefits
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$70,024 to $91,031 per annum|
|Closing Date||Thursday, December 18, 2014|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.