HR Representative, Data Management
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as a Second Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
This job is responsible for supporting the Human Resources Department in the on-boarding workforce administrative processes that support recruitment and selection and classification processes, and working with collective agreements and policies in order to provide information to line staff. The position will also be responsible for compensation administration, assisting employees with benefit enrollment and information, maintaining the performance management system, monitoring the verification of employee qualifications, as well as participating in a variety of projects/specialized work support.
• Ability to work well independently and within team environments
• Flexibility/ability to deal with change effectively/change agent
• Ability to use tact & diplomacy and exercise good judgement
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to use Human Resource Information Systems such as PeopleSoft
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills
• Interviewing skills
• Requires prior knowledge of principles and practices of human resources
• Minimum of Diploma in Human Resources
• 1 to 3 years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a unionized work place with multiple collective
• Prior experience with a Human Resource Information System database, preferably PeopleSoft
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, and:
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
You can view the benefits using this link: www.macewan.ca/benefits
This position is included under the D1020 Administrative Support & Supervisory Personnel Employment Policy (ASSP).
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Full Time Continuing|
|Salary||$41,989.89 to $61,585.18 per annum|
|Closing Date||Friday, January 2, 2015|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.