Technology Support Centre Assistant (Tech 1)
Technology Support Desk
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
The Technology Support Desk is seeking candidates for a Technician level 1 position. The Technology Support Desk is the single point of contact for all computer and instructional technology support at MacEwan. This position provides technology support to all students, staff and faculty via phone, walk up and email.
Duties include end-user support for microcomputer applications and peripherals, support for audio visual and computer technology in the classroom and support and direction to students using the University network and internet resources. Routine equipment maintenance and equipment booking duties are included.
The position has a rotating shift schedule, working a variety of day, evenings and weekend hours. The appointment ends April 30, 2016.
• Candidates must have a technology related diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution as well as a minimum of two years experience in a technology support environment (call center and/or helpdesk experience an asset)
• Advanced working knowledge of personal computer software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office), as well as demonstrated understanding of various productivity and educational application software
• Extensive desktop operating systems experience, including Windows 7, Windows 8
• Experience in supporting PeopleSoft, Macintosh (operating systems), Novell and GroupWise an asset
• Experience with computer information systems, network technologies and other IT related concepts (Configuration Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, etc.)
• Proven ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work well as a member of a team as well as with technical and administrative representatives of other departments within the University
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills and problem solving abilities with a focus on providing exceptional customer service.
• Able to work onsite at our City Center location (6-209, 10700-104 Ave, Edmonton, AB, Canada)
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Full-Time 8 Month Term
|Salary||$40,933 to $53,212
|Closing Date||Friday, July 31, 2015
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.