Assistant Supervisor, Customer Service
Sport and Wellness
Reporting to the supervisor, Customer Service this position is responsible for providing high quality front line service, creating a welcoming environment, administrative support, leadership and financial/cash management.
Main responsibilities include:
• Class maintenance, processing, reporting etc.;
• Account management;
• Financial processes, daily reconciliation and cash outs;
• Pro shop monitoring, maintenance and ordering;
• Staff schedules and time sheets;
• Providing feedback on and administering access desk procedures and operations;
• Responding to customer inquiries and complaints;
• Training, mentoring and assisting Customer Service Representatives;
• Processing memberships and registrations;
• Responding to emergencies;
• Assisting Supervisor as required.
Successful candidate will:
• Hold a post-secondary degree in a related field with courses in business, marketing, public relations, finance and/or recreational courses.
• Have extensive customer service experience, knowledge of fitness and physical education environments along with some financial and/or accounting background.
• Current in the following certifications
o Standard First Aid
o Oxygen Therapy Certificate
• Have good interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and time management skills
• Have high attention to detail and be a capable multi-tasker
• Be able to work well in a fast paced environment with a diverse range of clients and colleagues and respond well under pressure
• Have the ability to set up equipment (which includes bending and lifting up to 40lbs.)
• The majority of time will be spent at a desk on the computer or phone with some time standing while at the front however the successful candidate should be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Be flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently
• Working knowledge of CLASS, People Soft and GroupWise
• Experience with staff scheduling.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Part-Time Term with the need for flexibility in hours
(12 month maternity leave coverage, approximately 21 hours per week, Hours of work vary but are typically Tuesday to Thursday 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
|Salary||$29,584 to $38,459 per annum (has been pro-rated)|
|Closing Date||Wednesday, November 12, 2014|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.