Customer Service Representative I
Sport and Wellness
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. Approximately 12,000 students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as a Second Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
As the first point of contact within Sport and Wellness, the customer service representative I is responsible for providing high quality front-line service and creating a welcoming environment that promotes a sense of belonging for students, employees and public.
Major responsibilities include:
• Monitoring and coordinating access in to the facility
• Responding to customer inquiries, concerns and complaints
• Managing the registration process for memberships, programs and services, includes the sale of pro-shop items
• Conducting accurate financial transactions
• Having a thorough understanding of the programs and services offered at Sport and Wellness and the ability to recommend appropriate services to meet patron needs
• Facilitating facility and equipment set-up etc. for rentals, events and drop in usage
• Collaborating with other departments
• Providing laundry service, maintaining a safe facility and responding to emergency situations
• Have good interpersonal, organizational, problem solving and time management skills
• Have high attention to detail and be a capable multi-tasker
• Be able to work well in a fast paced environment with a diverse range of clients and colleagues and respond well under pressure
• Have the ability to set up equipment (which includes bending and lifting) and able to stand for extended periods of time
• Be flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently
• Have experience in customer service, financial transactions and the fitness and physical education environments
• Current in the following certifications
o Standard First Aid
o Oxygen Therapy Certificate
• Working knowledge of Class and GroupWise
• A post-secondary diploma, preferably in physical education and/or public relations
This position is 5:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. with some flexibility required.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, but the rewards keep coming. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
You can view the benefits using this link: www.macewan.ca/benefits
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$36,796 to $47,835 per annum|
|Closing Date||Sunday, November 23, 2014|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.