The Library at the City Centre Campus of MacEwan University requires a full-time continuing Copyright/Collections Technician in the Cataloguing & Acquisitions Department at the City Centre Campus.
Under the overall direction of the Manager, Cataloguing & Acquisitions, the incumbent will perform a variety of duties related to copyright and collections:
• assists the Copyright Specialist by maintaining accurate records and seeking copyright permissions
• maintains copyright and permissions records, researching copyright ownership and permissions for the use of copyrighted works and negotiating royalties
• ensures copyright payments and financial documents are processed accurately
• processes MacEwan library eReserves copyright approvals
• provides support to the Collections Librarian with day-to-day tasks and priorities based on operational requirements
• reviews license documents for new acquisitions as well for existing agreements
• investigates electronic resource access issues
• manages electronic resource trials such as promoting the trials, soliciting and documenting feedback from users and preparation of promotional materials for newly purchased products
A Library Technician diploma is required, although equivalent experience and education may also be considered. The candidate should have a minimum of one year’s experience working in a library setting or providing advice or assistance on copyright issues.
The successful candidate should have experience working with an ILS system, preferably Symphony; excellent communication skills; good organizational skills and attention to detail. Knowledge of copyright law would be an asset.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$42,136 to 54,777 per annum|
|Closing Date||Monday, June 23rd, 2014|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.