Office of the University Registrar
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as a Second Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
The Office of the University Registrar (OUR) is looking for a 7 month term Functional Analyst. The incumbent is responsible for troubleshooting, leading user acceptance testing, and identifying and facilitating opportunities for the development and enhancement of the different modules in the University’s ERP/Student Information System. This position is responsible for working with all staff in the OUR, Program Areas, and project staff in Information Technology ERP team in a collaborative and supportive role.
The successful candidate will need to become an expert and team lead in order to facilitate future development work for several different sub-modules within the ERP/Student Information System. Team lead activities will include system configuration, business processes documentation, as well as the OUR representative on various development projects related to the modules that they are assigned. You will be collaboratively working with the Information System Trainer on both the system processes and business requirements, as well as writing queries in order to support the internal business process with the OUR.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Excellent organization skills and the ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Problem solving and structured analysis skills
• Strong relationship building, research and problem solving skills.
• PeopleSoft, Campus Solutions business knowledge is an asset. Other ERP system or related database experience will be considered.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• Minimum two years of systems requirement documentation, data cleanup and trouble- shooting complex system solutions.
• A combination of education and training with experience directly related to this role may be considered.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Full-time Term (7 months)|
|Salary||$2,041 to $2,654 bi-weekly|
|Closing Date||November 3, 2015|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.