Technical Production Specialist
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as a Second Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
MacEwan Retail Services is seeking a skilled Technical Production Specialist. The Technical Production Specialist is responsible for the production, ordering and marketing of custom course pack material. Maintenance of the retail bookstore system, operating systems and the bookstore e-commerce website are included in the Technical Production Specialist’s responsibilities.
• Advises faculty and program contacts to support them in arranging custom course packs.
• Conducts research in order to determine the best way to deliver materials to students.
• Communicates necessary information to bookstore receiving clerks to ensure accurate receipt of goods, and decides on procedures when receiving problems arise.
• Creates and maintains accurate reports for ongoing business needs.
• Creates high quality copy-ready custom coursepacks from source material, managing time and schedules to allow for timely completion and ensuring compliance with copyright through communication with Copyright Office.
• Compiles total cost of coursepacks and determines retail price to meet pre-assigned revenue targets.
• Creates, places and monitors purchase orders. Conducts follow-up and tracing of purchasing orders to ensure they are processed in a timely manner.
• Maintains all systems used by the Bookstore to support and achieve business goals.
• Maintains and augments comprehensive understanding of systems, process, procedures and workflows.
• Supports MacEwan Bookstores operations through creating on-demand analytical reports and assisting with MacEwan Bookstores website.
• Ensures the usability and function of all aspects of the bookstores eCommerce website.
• Manipulates digital photography, design graphics and animation.
• Monitors and arranges for design and improving functionality of existing and future MacEwan Bookstore website.
• Maximizes conversion rates by improving the online customer experience.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, have excellent communication, verbal and written skills and works well under minimal supervision. Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, other reporting tools) as well as experience with CSS, HTML, ASP and UNIX would be an asset.
Applicants must have a post-secondary education in computer science or computer systems discipline.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, and:
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
You can view the benefits using this link: www.macewan.ca/benefits
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$45,021.70 to $58,528.21|
|Closing Date||July 13, 2015|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.