International Student Recruiters
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
MacEwan International has opportunities for two International Student Recruiters. The International Student Recruiter reports to the Executive Director, MacEwan International with primary responsibilities involving recruitment activities in assigned regions of the world, working with MacEwan's authorized agents and making logistical arrangements when delegates from other countries visit MacEwan International. This position involves significant travel worldwide.
The incumbent will recruit international students through a variety of activities such as high school visits, education fairs and agent/guidance counselor events outside of Canada. Duties will include:
• Developing a recruitment plan and budget for assigned annual recruitment activities
• Compiling and maintaining a database of recruitment fairs and activities in assigned regions
• Developing and maintaining relationships with Embassies and High Commissions
• Establishing connections with cultural groups in Edmonton to provide support for international student recruitment activities.
• Recruiting for ESL and continuing education opportunities
• Student onboarding including hosting and general support for international students
• Participation in developing communication with MacEwan’s authorized international recruitment agents, including newsletter, web site update and mass email messages
• Reviewing requests from international recruitment agents and assist the Manager International in assessing and making decisions for approval or rejection
The incumbent should have:
• Intermediate to advanced level computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Internet skills; research skills
• Familiarity with university systems
• Strong public speaking skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly organized
• Excellent time-management skills
• Ability to plan and carry out international recruitment missions in countries where English is not the first language; ability to speak a foreign language considered an asset, but not required.
Four year post-secondary degree (MacEwan graduates preferred). Experience planning socials and hosting events; and Cross-cultural experience; studying and/or working abroad preferred.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, and:
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
You can view the benefits using this link: www.macewan.ca/benefits
These positions are included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$53,075 to $68,998|
|Closing Date||August 25, 2015|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.