IT Compliance Coordinator
IT Compliance and Information Security Office
The IT Compliance and Information Security Office has a newly established position for an IT Compliance Coordinator.
We are looking for an individual to assist the Director with the implementation of a control framework to support the university’s IT governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) objectives. In this role, you will collaborate with key stakeholders across the institution to develop and maintain policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines that govern the university’s information and related technology; provide expert advice on how to achieve and sustain compliance with applicable legal, regulatory, industry, and contractual obligations; monitor and test IT controls to determine their effectiveness; and lead remediation activities to address control deficiencies.
This position is responsible for maintaining an IT compliance risk management framework; periodically assessing the inherent and residual IT compliance risks; coordinating the investigation of potentially unlawful or fraudulent activities; providing support to external and internal IT audit functions; and contributing to the creation of an awareness program that periodically educates the university community on relevant IT compliance requirements.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Familiarity with applicable legal, regulatory, industry, and contractual obligations such as CASL, FOIP act, and PCI-DSS
• Proficient with the use of risk and control frameworks, and process improvement models, such as, Risk IT, ISO 31000, COSO, ISO 27001, ISO 27002, and CMM
• Proven ability to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans
• Effectively partner and collaborate with organizational leaders at multiple levels
• Ability to exercise discretion and professional judgment in safeguarding confidential information
• Possess exceptional oral, written, facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related technical/business area
• Maintain professional designation with one or more of the following certifications: CGEIT, CRISC, and CISM
• COBIT training and certification is highly desired
• Minimum of ten years of relevant IT experience with at least five years focused on various aspects of IT governance, risk management, and compliance
• Implementing an information and related technology control framework that is based upon COBIT and other international standards
• Developing and maintaining IT related policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines
• Monitoring and testing of the effectiveness of IT controls and remediation of control deficiencies
• Maintaining an IT compliance risk management framework and managing IT compliance related risks
• Developing IT compliance awareness and training programs
• Work experience in a post-secondary environment is preferred.
This position is included under the Administrators employment policy.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$77,981 to $119,571 per annum
|Closing Date||Open until suitable candidate is found
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.