Services to Students with Disabilities
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as a Second Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
The department of Services to Students with Disabilities is seeking an Exam Administrator in a 10 month full-time recurring term position (September – June). The Exam Administrator is responsible for managing the administrative aspects of the exam accommodations necessary to achieve the goal of full participation for each student with a disability attending the university. Specific responsibilities include establishing daily exam schedules, processing students’ requests, managing communication with faculty to request exams, preparing exam materials in alternate formats, and implementing, organizing and proctoring individual exam accommodations.
• Highly developed administrative abilities including acute attention to detail
• Proven competence using office technology including spreadsheets, databases, web-based applications (e.g. Google Docs) and word processing
• Quick learner adaptable to changing technology
• Strong written and personal communication skills
• Diploma or certificate in Office Administration or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a busy office environment
• Experience in front line, customer service
• Experience supporting full access for individuals with disabilities
• Flexibility as hours of work may vary and travel to other campuses may be required
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, and:
• 6% vacation paid out bi-weekly
• Optional secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
You can view the benefits using this link: www.macewan.ca/benefits
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Full-Time Recurring Term (10 months)|
|Salary||$3,752 to $4,877 per month|
|Closing Date||Monday, January 5, 2015|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.