Human Resources Advisor
Client Services, Human Resources
MacEwan University has an exciting opportunity for an experienced human resources advisor, providing generalist human resources support to a designated client portfolio.
Reporting to the director, Human Resources Client Services, you will be responsible for issues management, recruitment services, job evaluation/classification, employee and labour relation resolutions, performance management, learning and development, return to work and duty to accommodate, as well as project work. Our successful candidate must have the following:
Education, Training, and Certification
• Minimum of a university degree in Human Resources or a related discipline
• Demonstrated ongoing related professional development and certification, where appropriate, in: conflict resolution; investigations; collective agreement interpretation and grievance handling; the duty to accommodate; meeting facilitation; and job evaluation and classification (certified training in the Hay system).
• CHRP or other recognized designation is an asset
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a unionized work place with multiple collective
• Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in resolving labour relations issues and formal grievance handling
• Two (2) years of experience completing workplace investigations and preparing recommendations and reports
• One (1) year of experience in job evaluation/classification in a unionized environment, specifically with the Hay system of evaluation
• Extensive recruitment and staffing experience
• Previous experience in learning and development, disability management, compensation, workforce restructuring, and organizational change management
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft Human Resources Information System is an asset
The successful candidate will manage multiple priorities; build collaborative relationships; work effectively in difficult or sensitive situations; have strong interpersonal and communication skills; and have established skills in conflict resolution, mediation, facilitation and/or consulting.
This position is included under the Administrative Support and Supervisory Employment Policy (D1020)
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$61,985 to $95,043 per annum|
|Closing Date||Sunday, August 3, 2014|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.