Fitness and Lifestyle Consultant II
Sport and Wellness
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
MacEwan University Sport and Wellness is seeking an enthusiastic Fitness and Lifestyle Consultant II. The incumbent will be working as a part of a team in the fitness centre, providing high quality service to students, staff, faculty and public members, assisting them with their fitness and health achievements.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Instructing group and/or specialty classes
• Teaching seminars and/or presenting at special events on campus
• Working with clients by way of fitness testing, personal training and exercise prescription
• Monitoring the fitness floor, including cleaning and preventative maintenance work
• Assisting with other administrative roles as necessary to support the department
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving and leadership skills. Be flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently.
The successful candidate will:
• Have an undergraduate degree in Physical Education or other Health related field
• Be certified as a Certified Exercise Physiologist (CEP) with the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
• Be certified with the Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) in the specialty areas of Group Fitness; Resistance Training an asset; equivalencies will be considered
• Have a current Standard First Aid/CPR C; AED and Oxygen Administration an asset
• Have a minimum of six months to one year practical experience in a fitness area setting including group/specialty instruction and personal training
The candidate is required to be available to work all operational hours of the Fitness Centre, this includes some weekends and early afternoon and evening hours to 11 p.m.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary, and:
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
You can view the benefits using this link: www.macewan.ca/benefits
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective Agreement
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$53,075 to $68,998|
|Closing Date||November 6, 2015|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.