IT Application Services
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centred teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as a Second Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
Information & Technology Services is recruiting for a systems analyst. This position supports the university’s PeopleSoft ERP system for application issues, enhancements, development, and maintenance. The systems analyst will collaborate with business analysts to support the university community and stakeholders. Strong business acumen and communication skills are necessary in order to understand and transpose business requirements into technical solutions.
The incumbent will demonstrate the ability to lead in all phases of application development life cycle; implement quality improvement principles to ensure optimum system efficiency and effectiveness; act as a technical leader on projects in the development of work/project plans and execute the technical delivery. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting an enterprise level application and have an understanding of software change management processes. Experience with integrated systems and relational databases systems are required.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to solve complex problems relating to systems and integrated subsystems
• Knowledge of leading or supporting upgrade/patch initiatives
• Ability to provide data analysis to support business initiatives
• Ability to work with technical and function teams to meet business requirements by researching and implementing delivered functionality
• Conduct unit testing and resolve issues
• Experience with developing enterprise level interfaces between systems
• Ability to perform analysis, design, development and implementation of modifications to delivered applications or custom programs to enhance value to business
• Participate in the technical design and coding of interfaces, data conversions, reports, and customizations providing the required functionality not supplied by the delivered software
• Provide production support to the various PeopleSoft modules
• Assist in developing and maintaining proper technical and user documentation for each system in a consistent and structured manner
The successful candidate will have strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills along with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. The ability to work well with others, including both technical peers and non-technical clients is essential.
The successful candidate will have a post-secondary diploma in a related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience with system development and business operations. Equivalencies will be considered.
A strong knowledge of the PeopleSoft technical components (PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Application Engine, nVision, SQR, web services, integration broker, etc.) is preferred. Experience supporting PeopleSoft in a post-secondary institution and understanding of Linux and Unix operating systems are assets.
This position is included under the Administrative Support and Supervisory Personnel employment policy (D1020).
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$61,985 to $95,043 per annum|
|Closing Date||Sunday, January 11, 2015|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.