Supervisor, General Accounting
Financial Services, General Accounting
The Financial Services department has an excellent maternity leave coverage opportunity for a supervisor, general accounting.
Our ideal candidate must have strong analytical and organizational skills; have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; be detail oriented and possess strong time management skills.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of a related Bachelor degree or enrolled in an accounting designation program (CMA, CGA, CPA). In addition, the successful candidate must have five (5) years’ related accounting and supervisory experience within a large volume computerized environment. Preference will be given to candidates who have advanced experience with Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft applications. Equivalencies will be considered.
In this position, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Oversee the efficient and effective operation of the banking, tax and ancillary activities.
• Work with university constituents and their stand-alone systems with high regard for customer service; and ensure transactional accuracy and processes are followed as it relates to the PeopleSoft General Ledger.
• Process and review monthly account reconciliations.
• Verify and review the validity of the journal entries and internal invoices prior to posting.
• Maintain cash management transactions and prepare monthly GST returns.
• Assist with the annual audit process.
• Supervise, mentor and train the Accounting Technicians II and III.
To be successful in this position, you must be a self-starter; be professional and diplomatic; and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles of quality and process improvement.
This position is open to internal candidates only.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Full-Time Term (14 months maternity leave coverage)|
|Salary||$61,826 to $80,374 per annum|
|Closing Date||Thursday, August 14, 2014|
|Apply In Person/By Mail||
Human Resources Department
University Services Centre
Rm. 10-600, 10700 - 104 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 4S2
Fax: (780) 497-5430
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment and used to manage the staffing program of Grant MacEwan University. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Assistant Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Department, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.