The MacEwan IPO is the office responsible for:
- receiving and managing all formal requests for access to information and correction of personal information made under the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- privacy breach investigation;
- co-ordinating development and publishing of a current Personal Information Bank Directory;
- recorded information management as required to comply with the Alberta FOIP Act;
- Policy D7510, Records and Information Management;
- providing advice, consultation and educational materials and presentations on access to information and privacy protection related matters; and,
- communication and issue coordination with the Office of the Alberta Information and Privacy Commissioner.