|Membership Type||Monthly |
|Older Adult (55+)||$42.80||$428|
|MacEwan University |
|MacEwan University |
1Monthly payments are approximate and must be set-up with a credit card or bank account
2Alumni and Employee spouses are offered a special rate ($428/ year or $42.80/ month) provided the alumni/ employee holds a current membership
3Alumni rates apply to MacEwan University graduates with credentials (degree, certificate or diploma). Start-up fee is $44. See note below for Special*.
4Family includes two adults and two children from the same household.
Completed waiver forms are required for all memberships. Download a waiver or pick one up at the Welcome Desk.
- No contracts or cancellation fees and the option to put your membership on hold for a low fee
- Over 40 Value-Added (free) fitness and aquatic classes per week
- Access to the pool, fitness centre, gymnasium, spin and fitness studios
- 10% discount on registered programs, fitness testing, personal and group training, etc.
- Yearly guest passes
- Complimentary three-hour parking permit. MacEwan University students and employees are not eligible for a parking permit.
Refer a Friend
Refer a friend for a membership at MacEwan University Sport and Wellness and get One Free Month added to your existing Sport and Wellness membership! Existing members, fill out the Form and return it to the Welcome Desk to receive your Free month.
Incentive will be provided to current MacEwan University Sport and Wellness members who refer a new customer or a returning customer who has not had an active membership/pass in the last year.
- Referring member will receive a 30 day extension on their membership, to be applied by MacEwan University Sport and Wellness once the referred
- customer has had an active membership for two (2) months.
- Referred customer must purchase within one month of referral date.
- The incentive cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Adding time or family members to an existing membership does not qualify as a referral.
Employee Only Specialty Memberships and Programs
Sport and Wellness offers the Healthy Body=Healthy Minds employee exclusive programs to MacEwan University Employees. These programs include membership programs, fitness and aquatic classes, personal training and athletic therapy that are available for coverage through the Access to University Learning Activities funding. Employees do not need to be a Sport and Wellness member to access these services.
|Day Pass||10 Visit*||Rec Swim Pass^ ||One Week |
|Older Adult (55+)||$7.50||$67.50||$6||$20|
|MacEwan University Employee |
-please bring employee ID
|Post-Secondary Student |
- bring student ID
|Infant (2 and under)||free||free||free||free|
*Passes do not include parking and are non-refundable. Four month summer passes are only available to purchase until May 31. Spouse rate option available.
^Pass valid for scheduled recreational swim times only.
MacEwan University Sport and Wellnesshas Trial Passes for potential new members to give them an opportunity to try out our facilities.
$20 for one week, can only be purchased once:
- Access to fitness centre and pool
- Access to the pool and gymnasium during open times
- Access to drop-in fitness and pool classes at no additional charge
- Use of spin and fitness studios
- Access to steam room
MacEwan University students enrolled in 6 credits or more per term, who pay the Sport and Wellness Fee* as part of their tuition, receive a Membership to MacEwan University Sport and Wellness for that term (Winter, Fall, Spring/ Summer). This gives you access to the Christenson Family Centre for Sport and Wellness, including:
- Access to fitness areas and pool, including drop-in fitness and pool classes at no additional charge
- Use of spin and fitness studios
- Discount on registered aquatic, fitness and recreation programs
- Discounted rates on fitness testing, personal training and nutrition counseling
- Access to steam room and hot tub
If you have less than 6 course credits per term, you can purchase a student post-secondary pass for $158/ term or $368 for a year. For more information call 780-497-5300.
Sport and Wellness Fee
*The Sport and Wellness Fee is a mandatory fee with no opt-outs, assessed by MacEwan University. Included in the mandatory Sport and Wellness Fee ($84 per term).
The Sport and Wellness fee goes towards Griffins Athletics and all departments of Sport and Wellness including, Fitness, Aquatics to fund equipment and programming, and Recreation. Recreation offers a variety of intramural leagues and tournaments to MacEwan students. The programs are designed to provide participants the opportunity to play their favourite sports with an emphasis on fair play and sportsmanship. MacEwan students also get the exclusive opportunity to take part in Adventure programming through MacEwan University Recreation, such as dog sledding, white water rafting, horseback riding, skiiing or snowboarding.
Griffins Athletics has a proud tradition of competing in hockey, basketball, volleyball, soccer, curling, cross country running. We currently compete against 16 other institutions in the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC). In May 2016, cross country running, soccer, volleyball and basketball are officially part of the Canada West Universities Athletic Association ( CWUAA).
Student Health 101
Student Health 101provides valuable health and wellness content for students throughout the school year. A wide range of topics are provided from every aspect of wellness which are thought to impact student success and retention rates. It provides students an anonymous way to research the health and wellness issues most prevalent to MacEwan University.
Content is written by students, for students.
Sample topics include:
- Stress management
- Academic performance
- Alcohol and drugs
- Sexual health and responsibility
- Body image
- Eating well and working out
- Mental health
- Sleep habits
- Sexual assault prevention
- Tobacco cessation
- Healthy relationship
- Money management
Please go to the Student Health 101 homepage to view the most recent Student Health 101.
Select from several options ranging from lifestyle makeover challenges, lunchtime activity clubs, offsite fitness classes, in-office wellness workshops, cooking tips, nutrition planning and Fall wellness retreats.
Consider signing up for a Silver, Gold or Platinum Corporate Package to receive membership discounts and reward your employees’ wellness initiatives. These packages are designed to create a contagiously happy and active work environment, increasing productivity and decreasing absenteeism and illness in the workplace.
Customized corporate packages are available to meet your organizational health and wellness goals. Contact Terra at 780-497-5692 if you have questions. We look forward to working with you.