Fitness and Aquatic Centre
MacEwan University Sport and Wellness is your downtown home recreation facility located Edmonton, Alberta in the Christenson Family Centre for Sport and Wellness. Our accredited fitness and aquatic facility hosts a large fitness area featuring two drop weight areas, half racks, Olympic lifting platforms, strength and cardio machines; a six-lane 25-metre pool with teach area and a 40-person hot tub; a beautiful three-court gymnasium; steam rooms; and fitness and spin studios.
Sport and Wellness is proud to have the reputation of being a friendly, welcoming and well kept facility, with the best staff in the city.
Programs and Facilities
MacEwan University Sport and Wellness offers a wide variety of programs and services for MacEwan University students, employees, alumni and the public, including:
- Fitness Centre (12,000 sq. ft with new strength and cardio equipment)
- Pool (6-lane, 25m, teaching pool, 40-person hot tub)
- Aquatics Programming (value-added programming, registered programs, lessons and certifications)
- MacEwan University Recreation (intramural leagues, tournaments and events)
- Fitness Programs and Training Services (public memberships, paid group fitness programming, drop-in classes, personal training)
- Gymnasium (available for public rentals or member use during open gym time)
- Spin Studio (several value-added classes throughout the week)
- Corporate Wellness Memberships and Programming (retreats, workshops and incentives)
- Athletics (home to the MacEwan University Griffins)
- MacEwan University Medical Clinic (open to students, staff and public)
MacEwan University students at Centre for the Arts and Communications Campus have access to the facility on their campus and City Centre. For access information, contact the Students' Association office at your campus or call MacEwan University Sport and Wellness at 780-497-5300.