Student-focused instruction in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
- In the Globe and Mail’s "2012 Canadian University Report," our students ranked us number one for student satisfaction among universities with 4,000 to 10,000 students. They also placed us among the top five among all 58 universities in the survey for the quality of our teaching and learning and our instructors’ teaching style.
Students gave us a number one ranking amongst universities of our size in several categories – quality of teaching and learning, student/faculty interaction and teaching style.
The university also earned top-three rankings for campus atmosphere, libraries, recreation and athletics, and our student residence.
- Global opportunities: MacEwan reaches outside our walls to create opportunities for our students. Study tours and international partnerships with post-secondary institutions in China, the U.S., Mexico, Europe and beyond expand our students' educational horizons.
- We have small classes. In fact, we don't have 300- or 400-seat classrooms. The majority of our classrooms seat between 10 and 50 students. You won't be just another face in the crowd.
Look outside the traditional classroom model. Thanks to MacEwan's distance courses and our involvement in eCampusAlberta, you have access to hundreds of courses and full credentials online - the world becomes your classroom.
Available - and connected
Students and alumni consistently say that "accessible faculty" is one of the main reasons that they are satisfied with their MacEwan University education. Our students say that instructors are easy to find and approach and that they value the one-on-one relationships they are able to have with faculty.
Teachers - and researchers
Our instructors are focused on teaching first. But many of them are also engaged in ground breaking, internationally recognized research. By integrating their research into the classroom, they create opportunities for student involvement in their work.
As our programming has expanded, so have our facilities.
Purpose-built and technologically advanced -- designed to give our students an education that's second to none. Full access to wireless networks, dedicated study spaces, meeting rooms -- all created so that you can expand your learning experience outside the classroom to any corner of our campuses.
Some of our facilities include:
- The Robbins Health Learning Centre on City Centre Campus: a 27,000-square-metre facility that provides classroom and laboratory space for MacEwan’s health sciences programs, accommodating up to 2,000 students
- New science labs to accommodate the growth in our Bachelor of Science degree
- The John L. Haar Theatre at our Centre for the Arts and Communications campus
- Crime scene scenario training room on South Campus features movable walls and furniture and props that can be configured into realistic crime scenes for students of the Police Studies and Investigative Studies programs