To be eligible to graduate and attend Convocation, you must apply and submit any required documents before the appropriate deadline. Apply for graduation even if you don't plan to attend the Convocation ceremony. You will not receive your parchment unless you complete the application to graduate.
Application Deadline: April 15
Document Deadline: May 1
Fall Convocation 2017
Application Deadline: September 14, 2017
Document Deadline: October 1, 2017
How to apply
Most students can apply to graduate through myStudentSystem. See the exceptions below.
- Launch myStudentSystem from myPortal.MacEwan.ca
- Click My Academics
- Select Apply for graduation from the drop down
- Click on the name of your program
- Select your expected graduation term from the drop down
- Click Continue (twice)
- Confirm the information is correct and click Submit Application.
Exceptions to online application
If you are graduating from one of the following programs, you must apply by email:
- Accounting & Strategic Measurement (certificate)
- Arts & Cultural Management (certificate)
- Business Management Certificate (formerly Management Studies)
- Child & Youth Care (diploma)
- Human Resources Management (certificate)
- Professional Writing (diploma)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org from your MyMacEwan account with the following information:
- The convocation TERM (Spring/Fall) and YEAR in the subject header
- Your student ID number
- Your full name
- The credential for which you are applying
You will receive an e-mail acknowledgement to your MyMacEwan account within two weeks of your online application to graduate. If you have not received confirmation two weeks after your application, please e-mail email@example.com from your MyMacEwan account.
If you are graduating but not attending Convocation, your parchment will be mailed to your home address after the ceremony.
Please ensure your current address is on file with the university:
- Log in to myPortal.MacEwan.ca
- Launch myStudentSystem
- Navigate to Self Service > Student Centre
- Under the Personal Information section, view your Addresses, and update if necessary.
If you are unable to access your myMacEwan account, contact Technology Support:
firstname.lastname@example.org • 780-497-4357
The online RSVP and Gown Rental for November 2017 convocation will open in mid-November.
Arrive early on convocation day
Plan to arrive early with enough time to find parking and pick up your gown. You will need your photo ID.
Once you arrive at the Winspear Centre:
Step #1: Name Card
Go to the coat check located on the main floor of the Winspear Centre to pick up your name card. You may not make any changes to the name as it is listed on the name card.
Step #2: Gown and Graduation Regalia
Once you have your name card, proceed to the gown pick-up area for your pre-ordered, rented regalia (cap, gown, hood or vee-stole). If you did not pre-order you will be required to rent one and pay an additional fee.
A third party may pick up your gown with a written and signed letter of consent, plus photo ID.
Step #3: Marshaling location & Seating
Find your program's marshaling location in either the Winspear Studio (down the hallway past the coat check) or on the second floor. Directions will be posted. To ensure the timing of your ceremony is not compromised, please go to your marshaling location as soon as possible after you have picked up your gown.
All graduates will assemble alphabetically with their programs and proceed into the auditorium. You will be seated with your class. Ushers will seat other guests on a general admission basis; seat saving is not permitted.
PLEASE NOTE: You are not able to carry anything across the stage with you, so please leave purses, bags and coats either at home or with your guests in the audience.