Administrative Assistant III
Alumni and Development
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experience – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diplomas and/or certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
Alumni and Development is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant III. Reporting to the Manager of Finance & Administration, the Administrative Assistant coordinates and manages the administrative requirements for the Alumni & Development department. The Administrative Assistant is often the first point of contact for the department’s internal and/or external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Scheduling internal and external meetings; providing related administrative support
• Recording and preparing meeting minutes, agendas and other resource materials
• Preparing general administrative forms and applications, primarily in PeopleSoft
• Assisting with the records management and retention requirements
• Tracking department events and activities
• Maintaining office efficiency by managing and/or procuring office supplies and equipment
• Financial clerical duties such as processing purchase requisitions, invoices and expense claims
• Stakeholder communications such as managing the general phone line and e-mail.
• Reception duties as required.
• Overseeing the daily incoming/outgoing mail correspondences, including but not limited to charitable donation receipts and other donation related correspondences.
• Performing other clerical and/or administrative duties as required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency with financial software, including excel and other software; knowledge and experience using PeopleSoft’s financial platform is preferred.
• Experience in drafting letters, preparing forms, requisitions and meeting minutes
• Ability to multitask and handle frequent interruptions.
• Problem solving, time management and attention to detail are highly desirable attributes.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong focus on customer service and professionalism.
The successful candidate will have a relevant diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution or a combination of education and training along with a minimum of 3 years progressive financial or administrative experience, preferably in a post-secondary institution.
MacEwan University offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes, but is not limited to:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
• An exceptional pension plan
How to Apply:
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$39,312 - $58,531 per annum|
|Closing Date||Friday, February 9, 2018|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.