Exercise Specialist I (Internal Applicants Only)
Sport and Wellness
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include preparation for university and college, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
MacEwan University Sport and Wellness is seeking an enthusiastic Exercise Specialist for a full-time continuing position. The incumbent will be working as part of a team in the fitness centre, providing high quality service to students, staff, faculty and public members, assisting them with their fitness and health achievements.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Instructing group and/or specialty classes
- Teaching seminars and/or presenting at special events on campus
- Working with clients by way of fitness testing, personal training and exercise prescription
- Monitoring the fitness floor, including cleaning and preventative maintenance work
- Assisting with other administrative roles as necessary to support the department
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving and leadership skills. Be flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an undergraduate degree or 2 year Diploma in Physical Education or other Health related field
- Be certified as a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) with the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
- Be certified wit h the Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA) in the specialty areas of Group Fitness; Resistance Training an asset; equivalencies will be considered
- Have a current Standard First Aid/CPR C; AED and Oxygen Administration an asset
- Have a minimum of six months to one year practical experience in a fitness area setting including group/specialty instruction and personal training
The candidate is required to be available to work all operational hours of the Fitness Centre, this includes open and closing shifts.
For general inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective Agreement.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$46,192 to $68,541|
|Closing Date||March 8, 2018|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.