Administrative and Finance Coordinator
School of Continuing Education
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The Administrative and Finance Coordinator reports to the Director of Strategic Planning and Operations and is responsible for planning, developing and implementing the overall financial and administrative activities of the School in consultation with the School’s Management team. The coordinator operates in accordance with the regulations, standards, policies and procedures set forth by MacEwan University, and the School of Continuing Education in order to be consistent with strategic objectives.
• Excellent organizational skills demonstrated through ability to prioritize, delegate and lead others;
• Strong problem-solving, investigative and analytical skills
• Commitment to customer service; ability to effectively work with stakeholders within and outside of the School
• Works independently under pressure, maintaining concentration, efficiency and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated through oral and written presentations
Completion of an undergraduate degree in Business or related area of study
Accounting designation an asset but not required
• At least five years of relevant work experience including managing budgets;
• Experience in a post-secondary environment;
• Proficiency with financial software, including excel and other software; knowledge and experience using PeopleSoft’s financial platform is preferred.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
For general inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Apply:
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Full Time Continuing|
|Salary||$59,514 - $86,577|
|Closing Date||January 19th, 2018|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.