Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP)
Compensation & Job Design Assistant, Human Resources
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
In conjunction with the Government of Alberta, MacEwan University is offering students the opportunity to apply their education and skills in the workplace through the Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP). STEP is a 16-week employment program starting in May 1, 2018 and ending on or before August 14, 2018.
The Human Resources Department is seeking a student to fill the role of Compensation and Job Design Assistant. The student will be responsible for the following:
• Assist in the researching, categorizing, and preparing of job family classifications, job family benchmarks, and job descriptions as assigned
• Assist in salary market research and data collection
• Assist in maintaining human resources information and related records systems, e.g. review data integrity, create report, data analysis
• Assist Manager, Compensation & Job Design in explaining to managers and employees the interpretation of human resources policies, compensation and benefits programs and collective agreements.
The student will have the following:
● Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
● Must have the ability to work independently
● Clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
● Proficiency in excel, or related spreadsheet and database programs is an asset
● Experience in PeopleSoft or other HRIS program is an asset
● Preference will be given to applicants currently enrolled in a post-secondary business or commerce program
Applicants must be:
• At least 15 years of age
• A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected person under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada.
• Residing and/or attending school in Alberta with an Alberta address
• Returning to high school or a post-secondary institution no later than November 1, 2018.
• Enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible
• Available for full-time summer employment
• Participating in only one STEP position during the summer
• Not currently employed at MacEwan University
As outlined in the STEP eligibility guidelines, International students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible for STEP.
How to Apply:
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For general inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that only applicants who apply directly to a posting through www.macewan.ca/careers will be considered.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
MacEwan University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$18 per hour|
|Closing Date||April 20, 2018|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.