MacEwan University is currently in a hiring restraint. As a result, job opportunities are limited. Available opportunities are listed below.
Technology Specialist II
Technology Support Desk
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The MacEwan Technology Support Desk is seeking a candidate for the Technology Specialist II position. The Technology Support Desk is the single point of contact for all computer and instructional technology support at MacEwan. This position provides technology support to all students, staff and faculty via phone, walk up, remote connection and email.
As a senior member of the Support Desk team, the incumbent is responsible for prioritizing, documenting, resolving and following up on end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as collaboration with other team members and departments. This position is also responsible for developing knowledge databases, help sheets for paper and web content as well as delivery of internal training.
This is a full-time position of 35 hours/week that may result in day, evening or weekend hours. This position is a full time continuing position.
• Candidates must have a minimum of a 2-year technology related diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution, along with a minimum of four years’ experience in a multi-media technology support environment. Experience with public service and/or end user support is also required. Experiences working in a call center and/or helpdesk are assets.
• Industry certifications, including A+, N+ and/or MCSA, are considered an asset.
• Experience, certification and knowledge of ITIL best practice.
• Extensive operating systems experience, including Windows and MAC Operating Systems.
• Experience with wireless configuration and troubleshooting on all mobile device including iOS, Android and Windows.
• Experience in supporting PeopleSoft and Blackboard are an asset.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Google cloud offerings with specific demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Outlook 2016, Outlook on the Web and Outlook for MAC.
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
• Proven written communication skills, including end user and training manuals.
• Experience in providing end user application training and support and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply:
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note; Article 22.1.1 (Grid Placement); initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first three steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$46,192 - $67,176 per annum|
|Closing Date||October 12, 2018|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.