Available opportunities are listed below.
Educational Developer (Two Positions Available)
Office of Teaching and Learning Services
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The Office of Teaching and Learning Services has exciting opportunities for two Educational Developer positions. Reporting to the Director, Teaching and Learning Services, the Educational Developer provides collaborative leadership toward the enhancement of teaching and learning across all of MacEwan University’s faculties and schools, normally with a focus in fields such as, but not limited to, pedagogy, adult education, student engagement, curriculum development, course design, educational technology, indigenizing curriculum, SoTL, or other relevant fields.
Primary responsibilities may include:
• Actively supporting faculty in developing effective and innovative pedagogical practices through formal and informal individual and group consultations, workshops and other programs
• Working independently as a designer, co-designer, or project manager on teaching and education development initiatives for curriculum, program, course, and non-traditional learning activities
• Maintaining currency in the field of educational development
• Developing and participating in strategic initiatives to support the continuous improvement of teaching and learning experiences at MacEwan.
We seek applicants with successful post secondary teaching experiences, along with additional experience supporting colleagues in enhancing their own teaching practices. The ideal candidate will have excellent instructional and communication skills and be one who has facilitated change in teaching and learning environments, and who has engaged in enhancing their own practice through courses, workshops, projects, sessions, or similar reflective and professional learning activities.
The successful candidates will be highly organized and can skillfully conduct faculty consultations, create and present engaging workshops, provide constructive feedback, develop instructional resources, conduct curriculum design activities, and engage faculty with SoTL research.
The ability to both work independently and as part of a team is critical. In addition, excellent face-to-face and online presentation/facilitation skills are necessary.
The successful candidates will have:
● A completed Master’s degree in a related field, PhD preferred
● Teaching experience at the post-secondary level
● Experience in educational and faculty development (e.g., working in or closely with a teaching and learning centre)
● Ability to create and provide instructional development programming (e.g., consultations, workshops, conference presentations, and other learning experiences) on a range of teaching and learning topics
● Knowledge of current theories and practices related to post-secondary teaching and learning (e.g., high-impact practices, student engagement, active learning, innovative pedagogies, blended learning)
● Demonstrated history of ongoing professional development related to teaching and learning
● Expertise in at least one specialized area of focus, and the ability to mentor others using that expertise (e.g., the scholarship of teaching and learning, indigenization of curriculum, universal design, peer evaluation)
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply:
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is included under the Out of Scope employee policy (D1015).
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please disclose any requirements when contacted for an interview.
|Salary||Commensurate with qualifications and experience|
|Closing Date||Review of applications will begin on January 2, 2019 and continue until the positions are filled.|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.