Senior Manager, Expense and Purchasing Services (14-month term)
Expense Procurement & Contract Services
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The Senior Manager, Expense and Purchasing Services provides a leadership and advisory role in the functions of expense and purchasing (i.e. buying) services. For the services within this portfolio, this position is responsible for; policy, process and procedure control design, implementation and improvement initiatives, management of service delivery staff, identification and escalation of risk and compliance issues, service quality assessment and the management of the procurement and expense credit card (i.e. P-card) program of the university.
• Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials (i.e.travel and expense and/or e-procurement modules)
• Project management knowledge with proven ability to apply industry standard project management methodology and approach to delivery of services
• Experience in development and delivery of training programs to a diverse constituent group
• Experience in conducting and/or oversight of audit processes for assessing and identifying policy compliance/non-compliance
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to lead team members
• Strong time-management, analytical and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to build strong and positive relationships, within the team and across the university within multi-disciplinary constituent groups
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
• Experience in drafting policies pertaining to area of responsibility
• Experience in developing business processes and facilitation of process improvement initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Service Management, Project Management, or Procurement (Supply Chain Management)
• Professional certification or designation in Supply Chain Management and/or Project Management is preferred
• Minimum of 10 years experience in a supervisory or management role
• Minimum of 5 years experience in supply chain management/procurement operations
management, preferably within a public sector institution
• Direct experience in development and delivery of training materials to diverse stakeholder groups
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
For general inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised that only applicants who apply directly to a posting through www.macewan.ca/careers will be considered.
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is included under the Out of Scope employee policy (D1015).
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Full-time Term (up to 14 months)|
|Salary||Commensurate with education and experience|
|Closing Date||February 15, 2019|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.