Summer Temporary Employment Program
Social Media Specialist
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
In conjunction with the Government of Alberta, MacEwan University is offering students the opportunity to apply their education and skills in the workplace through the Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP). STEP is a 4 - 16 week employment program starting in May 2019 and ending on or before August 31, 2019. August 31, 2019
The Social Media Specialist reports to the Manager, International Student Recruitment and will work with the International Student Recruitment Team and MacEwan International’s Marketing and Communication team member. Together with the team, the Social Media Specialist will develop a social media strategy for China.
The goal of this role would be to provide the STEP student with actual work experience in managing communication as well as provide information and experience related to the many facets involve in international student recruitment.
The incumbent will work cohesively with the team in the development of this strategy. The duties will include:
• Create a WeChat account for China and monitor it on a daily basis
• Interact with WeChat Followers on a daily basis and post MacEwan events and information in WeChat
• Provide information to the team regarding WeChat interactions specifically identifying admission information required for prospective students
• Identify interest of prospective students based on geographic areas within China as well as programs of interest to students
• Work with the International Student Recruitment Team to address concerns and respond to questions by prospective students and their family members
• Convey program and institution information to prospective students
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
• Must be fluent in Mandarin
• Significant experience and proficieny with Weibo and WeChat
• Proficient with social media posting and content creation
• Some post-secondary exposure to Business, Marketing, Communications, Fine Art & Design, Computer Science or a related subject matter is required
• Involvement with photography, illustration, graphic design or video experience would be an asset
• Internet skills; research skills are assets
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly organized
Applicants must be:
• At least 15 years of age
• A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected person under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada.
• Residing and/or attending school in Alberta with an Alberta address
• Returning to high school or a post-secondary institution no later than November 1.
• Enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible
• Available for full-time summer employment
• Participating in only one STEP position during the summer
• Not currently employed at MacEwan University
As outlined in the STEP eligibility guidelines, International students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible for STEP.
How to Apply:
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For general inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be advised that only applicants who apply directly to a posting through www.macewan.ca/careers will be considered.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association collective agreement.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||$15.00 per hour|
|Closing Date||March 25, 2019|
|Competition No.||19.03.026||Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.