MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The role of the Furniture Coordinator is to plan, design, specify and select furniture that form part of major capital projects, department renovations and expansion and routine moves and upgrades. This role also includes managing furniture logistics, specifically budget and estimate setting, furniture ordering, receiving, installation, storage and disposition. This position will plan and coordinate all campus, departmental, and individual moves, while working with departments, senior management and Executive to identify locations, areas of risks, and opportunities.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage & achieve pre-determined timelines
• Excellent communication skills when working with colleagues, contractors & customers
• Technical/working knowledge and experience with product installation
• Practical skills & experience as related to construction projects
• Industry experience would be an asset
• Project Management courses would be an asset.
• Customer service focus
• Demonstrated leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
• Able to troubleshoot obstacles and to reach desired outcomes
• Capacity to learn new information and skills
• A valid class 5 Alberta driver’s license and the ability to drive MacEwan or personal vehicles on business
This position will be required to review all aspects of a quote, including design and plan accuracy, product specification, delivery and installation schedule, cost estimates, subcontract requirements, and site condition and verification. This position will also be required to manage installation and related costs, review and confirm accuracy and completeness of work, and complete Asset Management paperwork following the completion of the project or furniture installation. This position will also be responsible for the review of projects upon completion. This is to confirm success and implement any improvements for future work, and to ensure that the MacEwan University safety policy is adhered to regarding the identification and prevention of unsafe working conditions both in the office and at off-site locations.
• Diploma in Interior Design, Architecture, Building Construction Engineering, or Business
• One of the following: PMP, CET, NCIDQ Examination or IID
• Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Auto CAD and CAFM drawing & editing
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in interior design, architecture, furniture, or space planning
• Minimum 1 – 3 years of project experience preferred
• Equivalent work experience in capital management environment may be considered
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply:
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note; Article 22.1.1 (Grid Placement); initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first three steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||MSA Band E $52,434 to $76,240 per annum|
|Closing Date||Open until suitable candidate is found|
|Competition No.||19.05.091||Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.