Functional Analyst II
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
MacEwan University’s Payroll Services department has an exciting opportunity for a Functional Analyst, Payroll Services.
As part of the Finance team within Payroll Services you will work closely with a dedicated and dynamic team, the rest of Finance, HR, ERP office and its university partners.
This position is primarily responsible for providing system maintenance including data and system integrity of employee personal information; query development including creation and generation; and system testing. You will also participate in business process improvement discussions and coordinate the automation of these business processes within the system. Responsibilities also include the development of impact analysis and implementation of functionality testing of various applications within PeopleSoft affecting Payroll and Time & Labour. You will provide training to various stakeholders, assist and support the MacEwan Payroll Services team in biweekly payroll processing and reporting, be involved with the implementation of current Payroll Services projects as well as payroll year end processing.
The successful candidate must have strong time and change management, organizational skills, aptitude for troubleshooting as well as reconciliation experience. Applicants should also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to manage multiple system related work assignments and projects. The successful candidate will also be able to work well under pressure, manage tight deadlines and be a part of a strong, cohesive team environment.
• Minimum of 5 years of PeopleSoft or equivalent of functional experience with progressive payroll and time & labour processing, troubleshooting, process management, reconciliation and reporting experience and process mapping.
• Advanced working knowledge of PeopleSoft Payroll and Time & Labour modules preferred.
• Experience with facilitation, training, system implementation and demonstrations.
• Experience in working with cross functional teams.
• Strong interpersonal skills showing positive and productive relationships is critical.
• Minimum of a PCP and/or CPM designation preferred
• Degree in Business/Accounting/Payroll/HR or related equivalent combination of education will be considered.
• Completion of PeopleSoft (Canadian) payroll and time and labour processing, implementation, back office training and troubleshooting courses as well as applications for both the Payroll and Time & Labour modules.
• Proficiency in In PeopleSoft Query is a must. SQL coding is a definite asset.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note; Article 22.1.1 (Grid Placement); initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first three steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||MSA Band F $59,514 to $86,577 per annum|
|Closing Date||Until a suitable candidate is found|
|Competition No.||19.07.134||Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.