International Student Recruiter (13 Month Term)
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The International Student Recruiter reports to the Manager, International Recruitment, with primary responsibilities involving recruitment outreach from campus and abroad, providing accurate advice to prospective international students and working with MacEwan's authorized educational agents. This position is based on campus but will involve moderate travel to assigned regions of the world.
The incumbent will recruit international students through a variety of activities such as high school visits, education fairs and educational agent/guidance counselor events virtually as well as outside of Canada. Duties will include:
• Responding to student inquiries with detailed admissions or program information
• Providing counseling for conversion of prospective students
• Developing a recruitment plan and budget for assigned annual recruitment activities
• Compiling information on recruitment fairs and activities in assigned regions for database
• Developing and maintaining relationships with Embassies and High Commissions
• Establishing connections with cultural groups in Edmonton to provide support for international student recruitment activities.
• Recruiting for the School of Continuing Education preparation programs
• Reviewing requests from Educational Agents and assisting the Manager International Recruitment in assessing and making decisions for approval or rejection
This is a full-time 13-month term opportunity.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
• Intermediate to advanced level computer skills in Microsoft suite and Google platforms
• Internet skills; research skills
• Familiarity with university systems
• Strong public speaking skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly organized; excellent time-management skills
• Ability to plan and carry out international recruitment outreach in countries where English is not the primary language
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to speak a language other than English is considered an asset, but not required. Applicants are asked to identify their language abilities on their application.
The successful candidate will be required to work flexible hours, such as evenings and weekends, as needed for participation in recruitment actives. A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally is required.
A relevant four-year University degree is required. Graduates of MacEwan University are preferred. Experience working in a post-secondary environment is preferred. Cross-cultural experience, such as studying or working abroad, is preferred.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note; Article 22.1.1 (Grid Placement); initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first three steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Category||Full-Time Term (13 Month Term)|
|Salary||MSA Band E $52,434 to $64,938 per annum|
|Closing Date||August 16, 2019|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.