Gallery Administrative Assistant
Faculty of Fine Arts and Communication
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The John and Maggie Mitchell Art Gallery is looking for a highly self-motivated individual with an eye for detail and passion for the contemporary art to be our Gallery Administrative Assistant. The Gallery Assistant will provide part time casual administrative assistance for gallery operations, outreach, and volunteer coordination.
Key duties include
• Preparing content for exhibition and program promotion
• Responding to public inquiries and welcoming the public to the gallery
• Providing administrative support to the Art Gallery Director, including file management and responding to inquiries, as required
• Communicating with and scheduling volunteers
• Monitoring the gallery during gallery hours
Skills and Qualifications
• Some post-secondary study including on fine arts, art history, art education, gallery administration, or related
• Demonstrated interest in gallery administration, public programs, and community engagement
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong organizational skills, time management, and creative problem-solving
• Strong interpersonal skills to engage with public and volunteers
• Volunteer coordination experience an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and G Suite
• Self-motivated worker comfortable working independently and collaboratively
The successful applicant will be available to work flexible and varied hours, approximately 5 – 14 hours a week during exhibitions, and availability to work during Saturday gallery hours (12 – 5 p.m.).
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note; initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first five steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||MSA Band B $18.38 to $22.78 per hour|
|Closing Date||October 13, 2019|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.