MacEwan University is currently in a hiring restraint. As a result, job opportunities are limited. Available opportunities are listed below.
Manager, Risk Management & Insurance
Enterprise Risk Management
Internal Audit and Risk Management Services
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President (AVP) Internal Audit and Risk Management Services the Manager Risk Management and Insurance will support the AVP in the ongoing development and maintenance of comprehensive Enterprise Risk Management(ERM) and insurance programs. The incumbent will be responsible for identifying, measuring and managing insurable risks at the University as well as provide day to day guidance on insurance matters.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direction of the AVP Internal Audit and Risk Management:
• Develop and maintain effective risk management tools and processes
• Facilitate and support risk assessment evaluations
• Work with and seek counsel from and provide counsel to other sources across the university to identify and treat risks to the achievement of the university’s core objectives
• Assist in the preparation and presentation of reports to Senior Management, the Enterprise Risk and Compliance Committee, the Audit and Risk Committee and the Board of Governors on the status of ERM at the University, and updates on major and emerging risks
• Develop and deliver training and education to university divisions regarding risk management and compliance.
• Promote a risk aware culture through training and awareness
• Manage the university’s Insurance programs including required policy, regulations, processes, education, training, monitoring, and follow-up to ensure that the programs meet their objectives
• Ensure all insurance policies processes and guidelines are developed and maintained.
• Manage relations with Insurance providers
• Coordinate Insurable value study
• Coordinate the investigation and timely reporting of incidents and claims, coordinating with functional area and Legal as required
• Provide support and guidance to stakeholders related to insurance matters
• Research, evaluate and make recommendations related to insurance coverage and matters
• Monitor for emerging issues related to insurance and ensure relevant stakeholders are informed and risks identified by third parties are evaluated
• Review benchmarking done with other institutions for any gaps in the university’s insurance program
• Foster stakeholder risk and Insurance awareness and accountability for loss prevention treatments
• Respond to all insurance inquiries
• Coordinate the development of a university-wide Business Continuity Management System
• Assist critical academic and administrative areas of the university with the development of business continuity plans by gaining an understanding of their business processes, identifying risks, and proposing solutions to help manage and minimize those risks
• Working with Emergency Management and the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Director, assist with the activation and coordination of business continuity plans as required in accordance with incident response plans
• Prepare an annual business continuity report.
We are looking for individuals who have/are:
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
• The ability to multitask, prioritize and manage reporting deadlines
• Strong project management skills
• Collaborative team player with superior influencing skills
• Customer focused with a proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
• Continuous improvement focused
• Outcome focused
• An ability to work in an unstructured environment with minimal direction
• Strong analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree or related experience
• Minimum 6 year’s progressive experience in a risk or compliance role
• Direct knowledge and experience with Enterprise Risk Management
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply:
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is included under the Out of Scope employee policy (D1015).
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||Commensurate with Education and Experience|
|Closing Date||January 31, 2020|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.