Available opportunities are listed below.
Financial Aid Advisor
Office of the University Registrar
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
Reporting to the Associate Registrar - Student Records & Services, the Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for providing a high level of service to understand, anticipate, identify and resolve issues involving tuition, fees, scholarships, awards, bursaries, and student loans. The Advisor provides expert advice and direction to ensure students are informed about their fees, financial aid options, and are supported during their studies at MacEwan University. In addition, the advising team is responsible for the administration of the university's annual Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries program.
Some examples of key areas of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide knowledgeable and accurate advice to students regarding tuition, fees, scholarships, awards, bursaries, and student loans, and guidance on other financial options available to support students through their post-secondary journey.
- Identify students in financial crisis and explore options for Emergency Loan or Bursaries, referring students to other support services, as applicable.
- Confirmation of Federal/Provincial student loans, grants, scholarships, and bursaries to full-time and part-time students.
- Process confirmations of enrolment in accordance with all federal and provincial aid regulations.
- Monitor and update all provincial and federal student loan portals. Consult with provincial and federal student loan centers, as necessary.
- Administer the Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries (SAB) applications including selection decisions, audits, and disbursements in accordance with institutional regulations and terms of reference agreements.
- Liaise with Faculty contacts regarding internal SABs, program selections, and nominations.
- Provide back up and coverage for cashiering and general fee services.
- Support fee services with troubleshooting student accounts and financial aid inquiries.
- Respond to escalated inquiries regarding student accounts and financial aid.
At a minimum, this position requires:
- A post-secondary degree in a related field
- 3 years working experience in a post-secondary environment providing advice and assistance to students
- Familiarity with registration and student financial accounts
Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong customer service and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to be non-judgmental and empathetic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to interpret and clearly explain policy
- Ability to work successfully both as a member of a team and independently
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to successfully prioritize tasks
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge and technical proficiency working with computers, including Microsoft Suite (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply:
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note, initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first five steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Salary||MSA Band E (Steps 1-5): $52,434 to $64,938 per annum|
|Closing Date||September 16, 2020|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.