Available opportunities are listed below.
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
Reporting to the Director, Planning and Projects, the Project Manager is responsible for managing the objectives and processes of design and construction of renovation projects, infrastructure projects, and strategic university sponsored projects, totaling up to $15 M. In turn, contributing to the delivery of the university’s master plan and supporting university planning and operations with effective project delivery. The Project Manager will use Project Management Institute and ISO 9001:2015 standards and guidelines in the delivery of projects and ensure all university projects are compliant with regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the following areas:
• Integrated Project Management.
• Scope Management.
• Time and Schedule Management.
• Cost Management.
• Quality Management.
• Human Resource Management.
• Risk Management and Contract Law.
• Procurement Management.
• Construction Industry, Practice and Building Codes.
• Facilities Planning Processes and Building Design.
The successful candidate will also possess skills and competencies in the following areas:
• Strong organizational and analytical problem-solving skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Creative and entrepreneurial approach to opportunities.
• Excellent judgment and a sense of vision.
• Proven budgetary expertise.
• Ability to motivate, coach and lead.
• Inspire high standards of excellence by acting as a positive role model.
• Develop trust by displaying honesty, integrity, and ethical conduct at all times.
• Knowledge of change management techniques.
• Knowledge of process management techniques.
• Aptitude for detail and thoroughness.
• Actively contributes to the overall department plan and consistently implements directives.
• Meets and exceeds schedules.
• Proficient knowledge of PC’s and PC based programs and applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Desirable to have working knowledge of MS Project and AutoCAD.
• Able and willing to continually learn.
• Ability to think out of the box and encourage others to do so.
• Post-secondary degree preferably in Architecture or Engineering combined with proven, progressive management experience in capital building project development or other acceptable combination of education and experience.
• Registered in PMI, APPEGA, Alberta Architects Association (AAA), or ASET.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation through the Project Management Institute.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in planning, construction contract administration and project management in renovation and capital building projects, up to $15 million.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For general inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note, initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first five steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please disclose any requirements when contacted for an interview.
|Salary||MSA Band F (Steps 1-5): $32.70 - $40.51 per hour|
|Closing Date||March 9, 2021|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.