Available opportunities are listed below.
Supervisor, Exam Services Centre
(internal applicants only)
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The Supervisor contributes to the success of the Exam Services Centre by providing organizational and scheduling support to foster exceptional exam services to the student, including facilitating full access for students with disabilities, faculty, and external stakeholder groups. The Supervisor’s primary role is to support the Manager, Access and Disability Resources/Exam Services in supervision and coordination of operations within the Access and Disability Resource - Exam Services team. This position is responsible for helping maintain a high-quality, inclusive testing environment servicing the University.
• Strong leadership and management abilities.
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong administrative skills including highly developed attention to detail.
• Strong scheduling and prioritization abilities.
• Ability to work within and contribute to building and maintaining an effective team.
• Knowledge and understanding of the field of disability including full range of disabling and medical conditions, service models, accessibility, and the duty to accommodate.
• High level interpersonal skills including effective listening, expressing understanding and management of sensitive issues including front-line student and faculty complaints.
• Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Competent technical skills including word processing, spreadsheet, database and assistive technology knowledge, experience or aptitude, proficient keyboard speed and accuracy.
• Flexibility in a constantly changing environment.
• Baccalaureate degree in Education, Human Service Administration, Rehabilitation, Disability Studies, or related field. Or a combination of education and years of experience in post-secondary or related field.
• Minimum two years related experience in a similar environment.
• Supervisory and management experience, team lead experience.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For general inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note, initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first five steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please disclose any requirements when contacted for an interview.
|Salary||MSA Band E (Steps 1-5): $28.81 - $35.68 per hour|
|Closing Date||April 13, 2021|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.