People who teach. People who research. People who support. People who inspire. This is who we are. In 2021, MacEwan University was named one of Canada’s best employers by Forbes Magazine and was the top Alberta-based employer on the list. Want to be a part of this great team? Available opportunities are listed below.
Integrated Marketing Manager
Office of Communications and Marketing
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
Reporting to the Director, Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM), and in concert with MacEwan’s developing academic and strategic plans, the Integrated Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of an effective and enhanced marketing strategy for MacEwan University. Working alongside the Director, the Manager will provide advice and counsel on the use of strategic marketing to help guide MacEwan in achieving its institutional, academic, and administrative goals and objectives. Institutional brand awareness and operational marketing priorities will be guided and supported by this position.
In collaboration with the Director, this position will be a key resource to the newly formed Strategic Enrolment Management Committee, researching and identifying market segments, best practice in the field of student recruitment and prospective student behaviours, providing recommendations into the viability markets that fit within the institution's strategy, and reporting on recruitment results through analytics, as well as primary and secondary research.
The Integrated Marketing Manager is responsible for leading a team of 8 marketing staff responsible for the implementation of marketing plans and strategies aimed at positioning MacEwan in accordance with the institution's strategic direction through marketing and promotion activities. Ultimately, this position is responsible for building and maintaining a strong, consistent brand for MacEwan, through a wide range marketing channels and collaboration with the faculties and administrative units.
• A minimum of 6-8 years of progressively responsible experience in a marketing and leadership role
• Strong knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, web and other analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
• Strong communication (written, verbal and listening skills), presentation, persuasion, listening and evaluation skills.
• Strong knowledge of current and emerging marketing trends and best practices
• Strong organization and planning skills with a proven ability to manage projects.
• Must possess financial, human resource and change management skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of how to communicate effectively through various media platforms to wide audiences.
• Ability to adapt to change and manage ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment.
• A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field; a combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Direct experience in post-secondary or a related public sector environment working with many internal stakeholders is strongly preferred.
• Proven experience in leading and directing staff.
• Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels, marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate.
• Copywriting experience would be considered as asset.
• Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Experience developing project budgets, as well as managing projects within those budgets.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For general inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
This position is included under the Out of Scope employee policy (D1015).
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We strive to provide an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. If you have special assessment needs, we want to ensure you have the support you need to showcase your abilities. Please disclose any requirements when contacted for an interview. This information will be kept confidential.
|Salary||Commensurate with qualifications and experience|
|Closing Date||May 21, 2021|
|Competition No.||21.04.045||Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.