People who teach. People who research. People who support. People who inspire. This is who we are. In 2021, MacEwan University was named one of Canada’s best employers by Forbes Magazine and was the top Alberta-based employer on the list. Want to be a part of this great team? Available opportunities are listed below.
Student Life Administrative Assistant III
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The Student Life department is seeking an Administrative Assistant III for a 13-month replacement term. As the Student Life Administrative Assistant III your primary role is to assist and coordinate the new student orientation events, first-year experience events/initiatives, campus tours and tour guide volunteer program. This position is also the first point of contact at the building 7 welcome centre and student affairs reception. You will assess and determine the appropriate course of action when responding to concerns, issues, and inquiries from students, staff, and the public. In addition, you will also coordinate and maintain schedules and calendars for Wellness and Psychological Services.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Familiar with general accounting principles and processes
• Experience in drafting letters, preparing forms and requisitions and meeting minutes.
• Must be organized and detail oriented.
• Must thrive in a fast-paced, demanding work environment with evolving priorities and competing deadlines, with demonstrated ability to multitask.
• Must have strong communications skills; both verbal and written
• Must be able to synthesize information and present it concisely and effectively.
• Must be able to work independently seeing all tasks and responsibilities through to completion.
• Must be reliable with a strong customer service orientation.
• Must be respectful, maintain a polite demeanor and boundaries when challenged by students in stressful situations.
• Must be professional with strong interpersonal skills; diplomacy and confidentiality are critical.
• Strong ability to problem solve.
• Knowledge of Outlook an asset
• Basic graphic design skills would be an asset.
• Post-secondary diploma (minimum two years) in Office Administration, post-secondary, or related field.
• 2 years of related experience and equivalencies will be considered; reception experience, dealing with confidential information, records, and event coordination.
• Experience in a post-secondary institution or a fast-paced customer service environment would be considered an asset.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For general inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note, initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first five steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We strive to provide an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. If you have special assessment needs, we want to ensure you have the support you need to showcase your abilities. Please disclose any requirements when contacted for an interview. This information will be kept confidential.
|Category||Full-Time Replacement Term (13 Months)|
|Salary||MSA Band C (Steps 1-5): $21.60 - $26.75 per hour|
|Closing Date||May 13, 2021|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.