People who teach. People who research. People who support. People who inspire. This is who we are. In 2021, MacEwan University was named one of Canada’s best employers by Forbes Magazine and was the top Alberta-based employer on the list. Want to be a part of this great team? Available opportunities are listed below.
Alumni Relations Liaison
Alumni and Development
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. More than 15,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
Alumni are MacEwan University’s greatest legacy, and the Alumni Office is committed to supporting their continued growth, celebrating their achievements, and strengthening their connection to the University. Reporting to the Director, Alumni, you will put your marketing and communications skills to work as you develop and implement alumni engagement strategies for over 80,000 MacEwan alumni. Keeping up to speed on emerging engagement trends, you will develop relevant programming and communications intended to spark the personal and professional interests of our diverse alumni community and encourage ongoing involvement with their alma mater.
After one year in the role, you will have gained a reputation among our key stakeholders for your exceptional organizational skills and your solution-focused attitude. You will have taken on at least one major project with the support of your team and made recommendations to improve our alumni benefits offerings. You will have established a trusting relationship with your Director and other team members and be comfortable seeking guidance and coaching as challenges arise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Plan and implement marketing, communications and engagement strategies with key alumni audiences
• Work as project lead for assignments that require a high degree of cross-campus collaboration and project management skills
• Recognize, celebrate, and profile the achievements of MacEwan alumni
• Develop and coordinate alumni communications and key messaging
• Expand, promote, and evaluate value-added alumni benefits and services
• Coordinate alumni volunteer and mentorship opportunities across campus
• Track and update alumni records and engagement activities
• Innovative thinker with a high level of initiative, energy, and enthusiasm
• Ability to deliver on new ideas, processes, and procedures
• Collaborative, solutions-focused individual who enjoys working with internal and external partners
• Relationship oriented with demonstrated experience maintaining and building connections
• Exercises a high degree of diplomacy and mature judgment
• Demonstrated writing and communication skills with the ability to identify and respond to stakeholder needs proactively
• Demonstrated success initiating stakeholder engagement programs designed to grow audience participation, achieve department goals, and increase revenue
• Experience working in a large organization, preferably in higher education or member association is an asset
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications or other relevant discipline
• 5 years of experience in stakeholder relations, marketing, or communications, or related experience
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Excellent benefits package
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply
Please indicate in your cover letter if you are a MacEwan Alumni.
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For general inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note, initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first five steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We strive to provide an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. If you have special assessment needs, we want to ensure you have the support you need to showcase your abilities. Please disclose any requirements when contacted for an interview. This information will be kept confidential.
|Category||Full-Time Non Recurring Term (12 months) with possibility of extension|
|Salary||MSA Band E (Steps 1-5): $28.81 - $35.68 per hour|
|Closing Date||Open until suitable candidate found|
|Competition No.||21.05.071||Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.