People who teach. People who research. People who support. People who inspire. This is who we are. In 2021, MacEwan University was named one of Canada’s best employers by Forbes Magazine and was the top Alberta-based employer on the list. Want to be a part of this great team? Available opportunities are listed below.
Student Assistant, Welcome Centre
MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. More than 15,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The Student Assistant, Welcome Centre position will assist with the day-to-day processes and procedures for the Welcome Centre, located in the heart of MacEwan University in Building 7. They need to ensure a positive, welcoming and informative experience for individuals entering the University. The Student Assistant will be the first point of contact for all visitors and the information point for stakeholders. This role will provide a culture of exceptional customer service and enhance a student’s overall educational experience.
Duties for the Student Assistant may include, but are not restricted to:
- Greeting future students, guests and visitors to MacEwan University and connecting them with appropriate support services, executive offices, schools, faculties, and departments.
- Assisting future and current students on Apply Alberta, Student Aid Alberta and myStudent System.
- Assisting with the coordination and the scheduling of campus tours, including working with the MacEwan Tour Guides, MacEwan Ambassadors, and conducting campus tours when required.
- Establishing and maintaining communication with students through email, telephone, and social media channels (Facebook, Discord and Instagram).
The ideal candidate must have strong customer service experience, outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication. Basic graphic design skills using Canva would be considered an asset.
Applicants must be a current MacEwan student entering their second or subsequent year; any student outside of MacEwan will not be considered. The applicant must be passionate about supporting students, have excellent organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills; experience in public speaking would be an asset. The successful incumbent will have demonstrated leadership, strong problem-solving skills, and professionalism. Technological competencies in Google documents and social media would be essential. Experience as a MacEwan University student leader is beneficial.
To be eligible, youth must:
- Candidate must be a registered student at MacEwan, entering their second or subsequent year and able to work 15 hours a week. Experience with Microsoft applications and Google applications is required.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. Youth awaiting a refugee status ruling, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, youth visa or work visa are ineligible.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
- Competitive base pay
- Continuous learning culture
- Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
For general inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note, initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first five steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We strive to provide an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. If you have special assessment needs, we want to ensure you have the support you need to showcase your abilities. Please disclose any requirements when contacted for an interview. This information will be kept confidential.
|Salary||MSA Band A (Steps 1-5): $15.00 - $18.59 per hour|
|Closing Date||September 19, 2021|
|Competition No.||21.09.139||Apply Online||Apply Now|
Personal Information Collection Notification
Personal information is being collected to determine your qualifications for employment. This information is collected, used and protected under the authority of and in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It may be provided to non-HR members of a hiring and interview panel if your application advances to that stage of the hiring process. If you have any questions about these arrangements, please contact: Human Resources, University Services Centre, Rm. 10-600, 10700-104 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 4S2 or phone (780) 497-5434.