The U-SOLVE Committee will:
1. Monitor issues of sexual violence, gender, gender-based violence, and gender inequality at the University;
2. Make recommendations to the Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Committee (SVPEC) based on research, best practices, and University community needs and facilitate the implementation of recommendations;
3. Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of an integrated University- wide sexual violence education, awareness, and prevention strategy and initiatives;
4. Inventory and suggest enhancements to related policies, program s, services, and resources;
5. Coordinate ongoing engagement opportunities for the University community to discuss, provide input and raise concerns a bout sexual violence, gender- based violence, and gender equality;
6. Collaborate with other University areas and committees to continually assess issues of gender on campus as they manifest for different campus community members;
7. Maintain regular and effective communication with stakeholders;
8. Establish and maintain community partnerships in jointly addressing issues of sexual violence, gender-based violence , and gender inequality on campus.
9. The Committee will provide SVPEC with reports on the status of its activities as necessary
To apply please type directly into the application form, save, and submit via email to:
Applications must be received by 12:00 p.m. on Friday March 16, 2018.
All information provided on the Application form is taken into consideration when making recommendations. Please fill out the form as completely as possible. The Selections Committee will notify all applicants once membership decisions have been made.
APPLICATION FOR STUDENTS
APPLICATION FOR FACULTY AND STAFF
Jason Garcia, Students’ Association Vice President Student Life and U-SOLVE Member
Jill Green, Counsellor, Wellness and Psychological Services and U-SOLVE Chair
Sandy Jung, Associate Professor Psychology and SVPEC Co-Chair
Harry Linden, Residence Life Coordinator and U-SOLVE Member
Amanda Nelund, Assistant Professor Sociology and U-SOLVE Member
Roxanne Runyon, Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Coordinator and U-SOLVE Member