Pool Retiling and Basin Membrane Project
The swimming pool in MacEwan University Sport and Wellness will be closed until September for necessary tile work and maintenance of the pool membrane. Visit our News page for the most detailed and up-to-date information.
MacEwan University Sport and Wellness boasts a beautiful 25-metre pool featuring a shallow teach area for little ones and Edmonton's only in-pool climbing wall. Drop-in aquatics classes, lane swim, private parties and public swim times are available. A 40-person hot tub and steam rooms are also available in the brightly-lit, relaxing aquatic space.
The aquatics facility in the Christenson Family Centre for Sport and Wellness recently underwent upgrades with lighting, mechanical and air handling to meet current standards.
Visit the Aquatic section for information on aquatic classes, swimming lessons, birthday pool parties, leadership courses, master swim and swim tips and workouts.
General Aquatic and Pool Deck Rules
- Children 7 years and under must be within arm’s reach and actively supervised in the water by a responsible person 14 years or older. A responsible person may only supervise three children less than 5 years old.
- Patrons suffering from diarrhea are asked to return two weeks after their symptoms have dissipated.
- Dive only in the deep end.
- Walk on deck. Excessive speed can result in a fall.
- Children 6 years and under may use opposite gender change rooms when accompanied by a parent.
- Take a cleansing shower prior to entering the water.
- Spitting, spouting, blowing nose, urinating or otherwise polluting the pool violates the Public Health Act.
- Pool pants are to be worn by any individual that does not have full bowel/bladder control. Swimmer pool pants are available at the front desk; disposable diapers are not permitted in the water.
- Persons with a communicable disease, infection or under the influence of any intoxicant are asked to return at a later date.
- One long whistle blast means "Stop all activity and listen for instructions from the Lifeguard".
- Use of camera or video is only allowed on the pool deck if authorized.
- Please stay off lane ropes.
- Limit use to 10 minutes. Long stays in the hot tub may result in dizziness or fainting.
- Consult a physician before entering if you have health conditions or are pregnant.
- Refrain from submerging your head. This is necessary for visibility and to reduce heat-related illness concerns.
- One person at a time; wait on the mat for your turn.
- Look before you slide.
- Swim directly to the nearest edge.
- Slide feet first as the slide is in the shallow end.
- One person at a time.
- Climb up and under only.
- Look before you let go.
- Fall straight down and feet first.
- Swim directly to wall.
- A maximum of two climbers with one on each side to avoid congestion.
- Look before you fall. Drop feet first.
- Swim directly to edge without swimming under any other climbers.
- Open with a maximum of three lane ropes set up in the pool (but only open west side of the wall, entire wall cannot be used). The entire wall can be open with a maximum of two lane ropes set up in the pool.
- Look before you climb and before you fall.
- Swim directly to the wall.
- Climb under the skywalker; heads must stay under the bars.
- Multiple users are allowed at the discretion of the Lifeguard.
- Do not swing on the skywalker.
- Open with a maximum for three lane ropes set up in the pool.