Sport and Wellness offers Employee Exclusive Programming in the Fall, Winter and Spring/Summer Terms.
- Membership Programs- four and six month programs that include access to Sport and Wellness during that period.
- Group Fitness Programs- Employee Only programs include Hatha Yoga and Pilates
- Personal Training- save money by training with co-workers
The following programs take place at City Centre Campus in the Christenson Family Centre for Sport and Wellness. The Sidekick Six and Fabulous Four programs include Sport and Wellness memberships for the duration of the course and can be covered through the Access to University Learning Activities Fund. Sport and Wellness also has MacEwan University employee discounted memberships, including discounted spousal memberships, and employee drop-in rates.
- an employee membership to MUSW for the duration of the program including access to all value-added classes, fitness centre, gym, pool and a 10% discount on registered programs. (discounts apply only to the member and not spouse or children)
- a program design specific to your goals and experience
- monthly newsletters, giveaways, info and tips on exercise/nutrition.
|95564||Mar 1 - Aug 31||$360|
|96165||Jul 3- Jan 2||$360|
Fabulous FOUR Plus Pass*
- an employee membership to MUSW for the duration of the program including access to all value-added classes, fitnesscentre, gym, pool and a 10% discount on registered programs. (discounts apply only to the member and not spouse or children)
- registration into a Fitness for Less group fitness class of your choosing (see pg 6 of the Program Guide for class options). Please include your Fitness for Less class choice in the additional note section of the Access to Learning form. Do not submit a separate application for Fitness for Less class. Classes will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Please note: instructors are subject to change.
|96163||May 7-Aug 28||$225|
^If you currently have an employee membership it can be frozen for the duration of Fabulous Four. The membership that comes with Fabulous Four cannot be frozen as it is associated with the run time of Fabulous Four.
**A program pass cannot be frozen, as it is associated with the run-time of the Program to which it belongs. Pre-existing memberships will not be subtracted from Program fees, but can be frozen for the duration of the program.
Late Registration is not prorated. Register early!
The following classes are eligible for coverage through the Access to University Learning Activities Fee Waiver Program. Registration deadline for classes is May 3 Spring/ Summer for Employee Only Classes.
MacEwan University Employee Only Programs
Hatha Yoga with Jai
Comprehensive relaxing poses that will enhance physical, mental and spiritual resources. No yoga experience necessary.
|96171||Tue||12–12:55 p.m.||May 8- Aug 7||Aerobic |
|96172||Thu||12–12:55 p.m.||May 10-Aug 9||Aerobic |
Pilates Strength & Stretch with Jennifer
Elevated stabilization and functional movement ability for the health and performance conscious. No Pilates experience required. Please bring a medium sized towel.
|96123||Wed||12–12:55 p.m.||May 9-Aug 8||Mind / Body |
Elements of ballet, Pilates and sport conditioning fused into a fluid routine that will sculpt and transform the body into a trim and toned physique.
|Mon||May 14-Jul 30*||12:05-12:55 p.m.||Mind/Body |
|Wed||May 16-Jul 18||6-6:55 p.m.||Mind/Body |
*No class May 21, Jul 2
Better Body Bootcamp
A total body blast using the latest and greatest equipment.
|Tue||May 15-Jul 17||12:05-12:55 p.m.||High Performance |
|Thu||May 17-Jul 19||12:05-12:55 p.m.||High Performance |
|Tue||Mar 27-May 1||12:05-12:55 p.m.||High Performance |
|Thu||Mar 29-May 3||12:05-12:55 p.m.||High Performance |
Centre your body through stabilization and functional movement. Excellent exercises for all levels of fitness.
|Thu||May 17-Jul 19||5-5:55 p.m.||Mind/Body |
Other Group Fitness Programs
Access to these programs is also available through the Access to University Learning Activities Fee Waiver Program:
Train for less than $20 per session!
Introducing a new way to experience personal training. Individuals pay the same whether they are by themselves or in a group setting—so grab a friend and train for half the cost! If you choose to train as a group simply divide the rate by the number of participants to get your per person rate. Max of 3 participants per group. Group sessions must be paid for in a single transaction. For more information please call 780-497-5693.
Discover our individual Personal Training Incentive pricing. A reward for choosing Sport and Wellness as your training destination. Call 780-497-5693 for more details.
Public and Member Rates
|# of 1 hour sessions||Code||Price per Session||Total Price||Price per Session||Total Price|
|1||96170||$66/ session||$66||$74/ session||$74|
|5||96168||$62/ session||$310||$69/ session||$345|
|10||96169||$59.50/ session||$595||$66/ session||$660|
*Note: The rate per person/session is fixed. The rate is the same regardless of the size of the group.
Note: Personal training sessions, fitness assessments and nutrition consultations must be paid upon booking. Please provide 24 hours notice if you are unable to make your scheduled appointment. Cancelled sessions will count at the full session rate if proper notice is not given.
How to Register
Login to MyMacEwan.ca > Forms & Procedures > Forms Cabinet > Select Application for Access to University Learning Activities > Complete the Google form and submit to Human Resources for approval (Must include course name and 5-digit course code)
*GST is included in our prices.
To be compliant with the Income Tax Act, there has been a change in process where the taxable benefit is processed as the benefit is received. If an activity is primarily for personal benefit, any funding received for the activity will be assessed as a taxable benefit, as per Revenue Canada regulations. The assessment and corresponding adjustment to your pay cheque will occur in the month following the commencement of the course or activity. If you withdraw/cancel your registration, you must notify HR immediately at PD@MacEwan.ca
Access to University Funds
When using access to learning, cancellation requests will only be accepted until the day before the program start date. Refunds will not be issued after unless accompanied by a doctor’s note. If withdrawing from a program/course, it is your responsibility to immediately notify PD at firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid taxable payroll deduction.
When paying out of pocket, cancellation rules are as follows:
- 3 business days prior: full refund
- Less than 3 days prior: refund, minus a $10 admin fee
- Start date or later: pro-rated refund, minus a $10 admin fee