Leagues are open to current MacEwan University students and alumni, MacEwan University employees, Sport and Wellness members and the general public. All league play takes place in our city centre gymnasium.
Fall 2018 Leagues
Soccer - Mixed Indoor
Basketball - Open 3-on-3
Floor Hockey - Mixed 3-on-3
Volleyball - Open Tier 1
Badminton - Open Doubles
Basketball - Mixed 5-on-5
Volleyball - Open Tier 1
Volleyball - Open Tier 2
Volleyball - Open Tier 3
Table Tennis - Open Singles
Table Tennis - Open Doubles
Dodgeball - Open
Handball - Open 4-on-4
Registration is NOW OPEN for Fall 2018 leagues! Everyone needs to register and pay for themselves whether you sign up as a free agent or as part of a pre-formed team. You cannot register and pay for a teammate. Registration can take place online or at the Welcome Desk in Building 8.
Free Agents may sign-up by themselves or request to play with a teammate on the registration form. Recreation staff will create a team for all free agent registrants.
Full Teams are pre-formed teams that have a Captain and/or Assistant Captain. All individuals on these teams are required to pay their registration fee. It is the Captain’s responsibility to remind their players to do so!
|Fall Early Bird Registration Deadline||Friday, September 21, 2018|
|Fall Regular Registration Deadline||Tuesday, September 25, 2018|
|Winter Early Bird Registration Deadline||Friday, January 18, 2019|
|Winter Regular Registration Deadline||Tuesday, January 22, 2019|
Follow and complete the steps below to properly complete the Intramural League registration process.
1. Pay your Fee
- Click here to pay online (online registration will open in August)
2. Complete Online Registration Form
- Click here to fill out your registration form
3. Complete Online Waiver
- All individuals are required to complete an Intramural League Waiver prior to participation. This waiver is valid for both the Fall 2017 and the Winter 2018 semester. Only 1 waiver is required per person for all leagues during this time period.
- Online (MacEwan University students and staff only). MyMacEwan / MacEwan portal login is required when completing your waiver online.
- (Downloadable Form) this form may be downloaded, printed, and brought to your first league game of the season.
4. Review our Policies and Procedures
- Read the intramural league policies and procedures document
- Read your league – specific rules
5. Online Quiz
- The captain and the assistant captain are required to complete the quiz with an 80% passing grade (anything less is considered a fail).
- Participants can take the quiz as many times as you need in order to achieve the score.
- Fall 2018 quizzes must be completed by Friday, September 28, 2018.
- Full Team - captains create a full team registration. Captain’s build their own roster and decide themselves how many teammates to include. Each person on the team needs to register and pay for themselves so that they can join the team once the team captain has created the team registration. There is no maximum roster size for a full team registration.
- Free Agent - this is a person looking to be placed on a team with other free agents. These participants do not have enough people to register for a full team. Free agents may sign up by themselves or request to play with a teammate on the registration form. MacEwan University manages the size and composition of the final roster and will always attempt to build ideal team rosters. However, teams could include more or less players than the ideal roster size, depending on registrations in that particular sport or division.
- Facility access.
- 7 weeks of league play (6 regular season games and 1 finals game).
- Qualified student staff, student referees, and/or certified officials.
- A participation t-shirt (please see the Participation T-Shirt Eligibility section in our Policies and Procedures document).
- Additional prizes for league champs and spirit award winners.
- A cool place to meet new friends and have fun.
- Refunds will not be granted after program registrations close.
- If a program does not run due to low participation, refunds will be granted.
Who Can Play:
- Anyone 18 years of age and over (MacEwan University students exempt).
- Current varsity athletes are not allowed to play in an league that is the same as their varsity sport.
- Participants may only register and play for one team per league; participants can play in multiple leagues.
- All participants must have valid photo ID in order to participate in any league every night.
- Open - no gender requirements
- Mixed - gender ratio requirements (min 2 males and 2 females on the court at all times)
|Sport||On the Court||To Not Default|
|5-on-5 Basketball||5||4 (2 males, 2 females)|
|Doubles Table Tennis||2||1|
|Floor Hockey||4 (3 + 1 goalie)||4 (2 males, 2 females)|
|Handball||5 (4 + 1 goalie)||4|
|Indoor Soccer||5 (4 + 1 goalie)||4 (2 males, 2 females)|
|Singles Table Tennis||1||1|
What is a Forfeit?
- The result of a team providing appropriate notice that they will be unable to meet the minimum participant or gender requirements for their league.
- For weekday leagues, before noon (12 pm) on the day of the event is considered appropriate notice.
- For weekend leagues, before noon (12 pm) on the Friday prior is considered appropriate notice.
What Happens When a Team Forfeits?
- The team receives a 0 spirit rating from their opponent and a 3 spirit rating from the staff.
- The opposing team is contacted in advance to be made aware of the situation.
- Two forfeits = 1 default.
What is a Default?
- A default occurs when, at the scheduled game start time, a team has fewer than the minimum amount of required players and did not contact the office prior to the game.
- If a team chooses to leave early and quit the game for any reason, including a lack of players, the team will also be subject to the default rules.
What Happens When a Team Defaults?
- The team receives a -1 spirit rating from their opponent and a 1 spirit rating from the staff.
- If a team defaults twice in one season they can be removed from the league without a refund.
- Players who want to try out a new sport or get in the action without committing to a full season are encouraged to join our MacEwan University Recreation – Substitutions Facebook group.
- This group is a valuable resource for teams who need to recruit extra players throughout the season.
- Subs can either pay a drop in fee ($10) or register to be added to the team ($25)
- Please click here to review our Policies and Procedures document.
- Additionally, if you are unfamiliar with your league-specific rules (including MacEwan University Recreation modifications) please open the Rules & Quizzes tab below for more information.
|Badminton Doubles||MacEwan University Rules||Governing Body Rules||Quiz|
|5-on-5 Basketball||MacEwan University Rules||Governing Body Rules||Quiz|
|3-on-3 Basketball||MacEwan University Rules||Governing Body Rules||Quiz|
|Dodgeball||MacEwan University Rules||Governing Body Rules||Quiz|
|Floor Hockey||MacEwan University Rules||Governing Body Rules||Quiz|
|Handball||MacEwan University Rules||Governing Body Rules||Quiz|
|Indoor Soccer||MacEwan University Rules||Governing Body Rules||Quiz|
|Table Tennis Singles||MacEwan University Rules||Governing Body Rules||Quiz|
|Table Tennis Doubles||MacEwan University Rules||Governing Body Rules||Quiz|
|Volleyball||MacEwan University Rules||Governing Body Rules||Quiz|
|3-on-3 Basketball||Schedule||Standings||Free Agents Team|
|5-on-5 Basketball||Schedule||Standings||Free Agents Team||Gender Ratio|
|Dodgeball||Schedule||Standings||Free Agents Team|
|Floor Hockey||Schedule||Standings||Free Agents Team||Gender Ratio|
|Handball||Schedule||Standings||Free Agents Team|
|Soccer||Schedule||Standings||Free Agents Team||Gender Ratio|
|Table Tennis Singles||Schedule||Standings|
|Table Tennis Doubles||Schedule||Standings|
|Tier 1 Volleyball (Mondays)||Schedule||Standings||Free Agents Team|
|Tier 1/2/3 Volleyball (Wednesdays)||Schedule||Standings||Free Agents Team|
|Fall 2018||Halloween||Oct 28- Nov 1|
|Winter 2019||Tight & Bright||Feb 24-28|
- The majority of your team (at least 50% of the players that attend the game) need to dress up.
- It's optional for players to wear their costume during the game.
- All participants must have closed toe shoes on when participating.
- It's fun to dress up!
- Teams will receive an extra 2 spirit points in their overall standings.
|Tue, April 4||1st Round (11248-104 Ave.)||Arrive: 6 p.m.
Awards Presentation: 6:30 p.m.
|Team Captain swag, participant t-shirts, league champ prizing, spirit award prizing, and more!|
|Ticket Deadline||Price||Where to Buy Tickets||Who Can Attend|
|Fri, Nov 30 at 4:30 p.m.||$10/ person||Online or at the Welcome Desk in building 8.
One person can purchase as many tickets they want.
|Everyone! Intramural participants and other guests welcome.|