COVID-19 Update: Proof of Vaccination Program
MacEwan has implemented a proof of vaccination program, which is applicable for anyone 12 years or older. The following applies to the entire MacEwan University campus, including Sport and Wellness.
- You must have received your second vaccination no later than October 18 to come to campus.
- Masks continue to be mandatory in the facility, except while exercising. Masks must be worn when moving between pieces of equipment or while patrons are on the pool deck.
- Physical distancing, while patrons are the facility (including during exercise), is encouraged.
Proof of vaccination and negative COVID testing
- Students, faculty and staff should download the Safe@MacEwan app (Apple Store or Android) and upload proof of vaccination.
- When arriving at Sport and Wellness, you can also provide proof of vaccination in paper form (received from your pharmacist or clinic at the time of vaccination) or in digital form from the Alberta Health Services My Health Records website.
- If you are unable to submit vaccination verification or cannot be vaccinated due to medical or protected grounds, you will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the 72 hours prior to your visit to campus. This standard applies each time you visit campus.
The latest information and updates on MacEwan’s COVID-19 response are available at MacEwan.ca/Coronavirus.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter or sign-up for our monthly newsletter for news, updates and information. Visit our blog and YouTube channel for a collection of exercise videos to help keep you active.
“The relationship between the people getting trained and the staff who interact with them is something I’ve never experienced in other centres. It feels as if everyone is rooting for you to succeed.”
— Trevor, Public Member
Share your thoughts
Tell us how we are doing. Whether you want to commend one of our staff for their hard work and dedication or tell us about improvements you’d like to see, fill out this form to share your thoughts with us.