Lynda.com online training
Lynda.com is a library of online training resources and tutorials that you can use to learn about creative technology. Topics include animation, audio and video editing, photography, and graphic and web design.
Each course is taught by an industry expert and consists of multiple short videos you can watch and replay at any time.
Free for the university community
Our students, faculty and staff have free access to the resources at lynda.com. The service is available anytime, anywhere.
- Students: take tutorials to help with coursework, learn techniques for your projects, build tech skills to boost your resume
- Faculty: assign tutorials for project or coursework, incorporate lynda.com in your syllabi, provide tutorials to supplement a course.
- Staff: take tutorials to boost your productivity, explore new technologies for your own interest
Access to Lynda.com
Active faculty and staff, and any students who are enrolled in a credit course at MacEwan University, can access lynda.com tutorials through the Edmonton Public Library website.
1. You must be an Edmonton Public Library (EPL) member. If you have an EPL membership, go to Step 3.
2. If you are not an EPL member, you can use your MacEwan ID to register for a free EPL membership at www.library.macewan.ca/services/l-pass. You will be prompted to choose a PIN number which you will need to log in to the EPL website. Once registered, your MacEwan library/photo id card can be used to access all EPL resources.
3. Visit the login page at EPL web site at epl.ca. You will need your EPL card, or the number under the barcode on your MacEwan Library card.
- Go to EPL.ca »
- Select the “Digital Content” dropdown menu at the top of the page
- Under the column labeled “Activity,” select “Learn”
- On the Learn page, you’ll find the link to Lynda.com.
Direct link to EPL lynda.com login page »
- Log in using your EPL card, or the number under the barcode on your MacEwan Library card