The Alberta Public Agencies Governance Act (APAGA), which received Royal Assent on June 4, 2009 requires all public agencies to have a Mandate and Roles Document.
The Mandate and Roles Document (MRD) for Grant MacEwan University’s Board of Governors was approved by the Board in December 2014 and received Ministerial approval in January 2015. The MRD describes:
- The mandate of the University as well as its pillars
- The legislation and regulations under which the University operates
- The duties and responsibilities of the Lieutenant Governor in Council, Auditor General, Minister and the Department of Innovation and Advanced Education, Academic Governance Council and the University’s Board of Governors, including the board chair, board members and the President
- Recruitment, appointment and remuneration of board members as well as their orientation, education and development
- Interaction between the Board and Innovation and Advanaced Education
- Processes for renewal or revision of the document.
Read more on the Board of Governors Mandate and Roles