Services to Students with Disabilities Welcome
This session is offered to MacEwan University students who plan to use Services to Students with Disabilities (SSD). This session should support you to transition smoothly into accessing SSD services and attending MacEwan University. You will hear tips and strategies from other students, learn how to use SSD services and be introduced to members of the SSD team.
The topics that will be discussed include:
• General information about Services to Students with Disabilities
• How to request disability-related accommodations for studying, classes, practicums and exams
• Student rights and responsibilities
• Note taking and lecture recording
• Alternate format access and assistive technology
• Academic strategy instruction and tutoring
• Funding for disability-related supports
Registration opens August 1, 2019.
Services to Students with Disabilities
August 28, 2019
City Centre Campus10700 – 104 AvenueEdmonton, AB