In the event of a disruption of Canada Post’s mail service, MacEwan University is committed to working with applicants and students to ensure that they are not negatively impacted.
If applicants and students need to send documents to MacEwan, or have already sent documents via mail that have not been received at the university, MacEwan has established several alternate methods for getting documents to and from the university.
Sending transcripts to MacEwan University
Transcripts from Alberta post-secondary institutions and Alberta Education: MacEwan University requests and receives electronic transcripts from participating Alberta post-secondary institutions and Alberta Education on your behalf. A postal disruption will not change this process, so you don't have to worry about transcripts from Alberta educational institutions getting to MacEwan.
Transcripts from post-secondary institutions and high schools outside of Alberta: If you are submitting transcripts from post-secondary institutions and high schools outside of Alberta, you can use any of the following methods to deliver transcripts to MacEwan's Office of the University Registrar:
- Arrange for the issuing Canadian institution to send the transcripts by email. MacEwan University will accept emailed transcripts (sent as a PDF) from the issuing Canadian institution sent to email@example.com.
- Deliver the official transcripts in a sealed envelope (from the issuing Canadian institution) either in person or by courier. This method requires that the issuing institution agrees to release an official transcript to an applicant.
- Arrange for the issuing institution to courier the transcripts.
Requesting MacEwan University transcripts and documents
1. Fill out the Transcript Request form or the General Request form.
2. Submit the form to the Office of the University Registrar. Please allow sufficient notice as documents take a minimum of two business days for processing.
3. Choose your method of delivery:
a. Delivery by fax or email: If you need transcripts or documents (e.g., study permit extension letters, confirmation letters) from the Office of the University Registrar, you can request that the document be sent directly by email or fax to the requested institution. Please note that email copies are not sent to students.
b. Pick up in person: After documents are processed, you can pick them up at the Office of the University Registrar during regular business hours. You will need to verify your identity with photo ID. Before coming to pick the documents up, check the status of your request by contacting the Office of the University Registrar.
- Toll-free 1-888-497-4622
Verifications of enrolment and credential (graduation)
You can print or download your own official verifications of enrolment and credential (graduation) from myStudentSystem. For more information:
Instructions on printing or downloading verification of enrolment »
Instructions on printing or downloading verification of credential »