From outside Canada

For academic records from outside of Canada, we require specific documents to assess your application for admission. Documents are different from each country.

Check document requirements by country

Open the .pdf linked below to find the latest requirements.

Educational Document Requirements by Country (PDF)


For each institution you attended:

  1. Find the country where the institution is located.

  2. Find the column that matches the level of education you studied at that institution.

  3. Make a list of the documents you will require.

Upload copies of original documents

We will complete an initial evaluation with copies of your original documents while you order official educational document(s). 

Scan—in colour—both sides of each original document. Save each document as a PDF. Upload the PDFs into myStudentSystem:

  1. Log in to

  2. Launch myStudentSystem

  3. From your student homepage, select My Documents

  4. Upload your document (PDF only).

Original vs official documents

If you have an academic record or document in your possession, we refer to it as an original document. It is unofficial because it is open and has not been sent directly to MacEwan University from the issuing institution or authority.

Documents are considered official when sent directly from the issuing authority or institution(s) to the Office of the University Registrar (exceptions are rare). Document images uploaded to the MyDocuments tile or original documents in your possession cannot be considered official by admissions.

Order official documents

If you are offered admission, you must provide official documents.

You will need to make arrangements with each educational authority or institution you attended to order official transcripts or documents. Have these documents sent directly from the issuing authority to the Office of the University Registrar at MacEwan University. The processing time varies by institution and they may charge a fee for this service.

If the institution or authority issues your documents to you, they must seal the envelope and stamp or sign across the seal for us to consider them official. Do not open sealed documents.


MacEwan University is an English medium of instruction institution. For all academic records including transcripts (examination results, mark records, relevé des notes and the like) and qualifications/credentials not issued in English we require a certified English language translation.

Translations must:

  • Be completed by a translator certified to translate the written language to English (please include information about your translator)

  • Include an image of the original document used by the translator

  • Be complete, literal, word-for-word, and

  • Be laid out in the same format as the original document.

Please scan your translation in colour (both sides, even if one side is blank), save as a pdf and upload to My Documents in myStudentSystem

Official transcripts from authorities or institutions become the property of MacEwan University. Admissions may ask to examine your original credentials (those in your possession like degree parchments). We will advise you via your myMacEwan email, which you should monitor throughout the admissions process.