To be eligible to graduate and attend Convocation, you must apply and submit all required documents before the pertinent deadline. Apply for graduation even if you don't plan to attend the Convocation ceremony. You will only receive your parchment if you complete the application to graduate.
Applications open: October 15 to April 15
Document deadline: May 1
Applications open: June 1 to September 15
Document deadline: October 1
How to apply
Most students can apply to graduate through myStudentSystem. See the exceptions below.
- Launch myStudentSystem from myPortal.MacEwan.ca
- Click My Academics
- Select Apply for graduation from the drop down
- Click on the name of your program
- Select your expected graduation term from the drop down
- Click Continue (twice)
- Confirm the information is correct and click Submit Application.
Exceptions to online application
If you are graduating from one of the following programs, you must apply by email:
- Accounting Technology (certificate)
- Arts and Cultural Management (certificate)
- Business Management (certificate)
- Child and Youth Care (diploma)
- Human Resources Management (certificate)
- Music (diploma)
Email email@example.com from your MyMacEwan account with the following information:
- The convocation TERM (Spring/Fall) and YEAR in the subject header
- Your student ID number
- Your full name
- The credential for which you are applying
You will receive an email acknowledgement to your MyMacEwan account within two weeks of your online application to graduate. If you have not received confirmation two weeks after your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org from your MyMacEwan account.
If you are graduating but not attending Convocation, your parchment will be mailed to your home address after the ceremony.
Please ensure your current address is on file with the university:
- Log in to myPortal.MacEwan.ca
- Launch myStudentSystem
- Navigate to Self Service > Student Centre
- Under the Personal Information section, view your Addresses, and update if necessary.
If you are unable to access your myMacEwan account, contact Technology Support:
email@example.com • 780-497-4357
The RSVP and gown rental for Fall 2018 convocation will open in October 2018.
Arrive early on convocation day
Plan to arrive early enough to find parking and pick up your gown. You will need your photo ID.
Once you arrive at the Winspear Centre:
Step 1: Gown and name card
Go to the coat check located on the main floor of the Winspear Centre to pick up your pre-ordered gown, cap, hood or vee-stole and name card. Keep you name card with you at all times and treat it carefully. This card will be used to call your name as you cross the stage.
Step 2: Marshalling location and seating
Find your program's marshalling location in the Winspear Studio (down the hallway past the coat check). Directions will be posted. To ensure we stay on time with the ceremony, proceed to your marshalling location as soon as possible after you have picked up your gown.
You will assemble alphabetically with your program and proceed into the auditorium. You will be seated with your class. Ushers will seat other guests on a general admission basis; seat saving is not permitted.
PLEASE NOTE: You are not able to carry anything across the stage with you, so please leave purses, bags and coats either at home or with your guests in the audience.