GPA and Academic Standing
The academic standing year is defined as a 12-month period beginning May 1 in which the student was enrolled in at least 18 credits.
Full details are available in MacEwan’s Academic Standing Policy C2070.
Academic standing overview:
- Student records are reviewed at the end of the Winter term. Students with unsatisfactory academic performance will be notified of any academic standing actions.
- After being assigned a standing of Probation, to regain good standing, a student must achieve a term G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher in the next academic year.
Scenarios causing a student to be Required to Withdraw
- Students who achieve below 1.3 GPA in any single year, regardless of previous academic standing.
- A student placed on academic probation for a third time is subject to review and can be required to withdraw by the Dean.
- Required to Withdraw period is 12 months from the date of the withdrawal.