Cashing Your Loan

With your Student Award letter you will receive information about your Canada and/or an Alberta loan agreements.


You will receive an email, in your account with Alberta Student Aid, providing information on how to process your loan agreements. If you receive both Alberta and Canada student loan funding or grants, you will have a Canada Loan Agreement and an Alberta Loan Agreement. Both agreements will need to be completed in order for all of your funding to be released.

Provide your banking information

  • complete the banking information section on your MSFAA documents.

If you do not provide your banking information, your funding will be delayed. 

If you have questions, contact:

  • the NSLSC at 1-888-815-4514 for Canada Student Loans

  • Student Aid Alberta at 1-885-606-2096 (press 1) for Alberta Student Loans

  • your student loan provider for other provinces/territories.