Operated by the Department of Physical Sciences, MacEwan Analytical Services (MAS) is an analytical chemistry service lab located at our City Centre Campus. MAS provides training, support, and sample analysis for faculty, staff and students as well as non-departmental University members. The laboratory also offers these services to outside academic institutions, government labs, and industry.
External academic and non-academic clients
Services and equipment are available to external academic and non-academic clients. External academic is any NSERC, or similar, funded academic institution excluding MacEwan University's Department of Physical Sciences.
- Bruker 400 MHz NMR with broad band observe probe and variable temperature unit
- Bruker Tensor FT-IR with diamond ATR and transmission accessories
- Bruker Senterra dispersive microscope with automated mapping stage
- Agilent 5975C GC-MS with auto sampler
- Thermo Scientific LCQ fleet LC-MS with PDA and auto sampler
- Thermo Scientific iCAP 6300 ICP-OES
- Varian (Agilent) HPLC
Equipment time rental
User run analysis is an option with sufficient training and is handled on a case-by case basis. Please contact us for a consultation if you are interested in renting equipment time.