Associate Professor, Computer Science
PhD (Simon Fraser), M.Ed. (Alberta), B.Ed. (Alberta), BFA (Alberta)
5-174D, City Centre Campus10700 – 104 AvenueEdmonton, AB780-497-4685
Dr. Sharon Bratt holds a PhD from Simon Fraser University and teaches in the areas of instructional technology and human-computer interaction (specifically, usability and interaction design). Her research interests are drawn from several disciplines: learning design, cognitive psychology, usability, learning technologies, and measurement and evaluation.
instructional design, design research, usability, interaction design, human-computer interaction, instructional technology, qualitative research methods, e-learning
Teaching and Research Interests
- Technology tools for teaching and learning
- Interaction design
- Instuctional design
Selected Publications / Presentations / Conference Papers
- Bratt, S. (accepted). Agile Instructional Development Framework: Strategies for Increasing Learner and Instructional Designer Collaboration. In ED-MEDIA - World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications. June 24-28, 2013, Victoria, BC, Canada.
- Shamshuk, L., Coffee, C., Bratt, S. (2012). Sustainable Pedagogies: Creating Video Tutorials Through Faculty-Student-Library Collaboration. Presented at the Workshop for Instruction in Library Use (WILU) Conference. Edmonton, Alberta
- Bratt, S. (2011). A Framework for Agile Instructional Development. E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, October 18-22, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Bratt, S., Coulson, I. & Kostashuk, S. (2009). Utilizing a learning management system in a blended learning design to enhance self-regulated learning strategies in a baccalaureate nursing fundamentals course. International Conference on Information Technologies in Education. July 9 - 11, 2009, Corfu, Greece.
- Bratt, S. (2009). Authentic Assessment Management Systems: Learner Perceptions of Authenticity. In ED-MEDIA - World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications. June 22 – 29, Honolulu, Hawaii